The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Clowe to Boston

Lucic, yeah, Clowe no.

EDIT: my bad, neither of them are, they both have more playoff points than Burrows, the cdc proclaimed "player thats built for the playoffs," but I still do think that Lucic can be invisible physically at times

Clowe- 68 gp 18g 27a 45pts

Lucic- 62 gp 15g 20a 35 pts

Burrows- 62gp 17g 12a 29 pts

Surprised nobody here even wants a crack at Clowe. He makes us a better team. Everyone wants to put Kassian one the first line with the Sedins. What about a guy like Clowe? 20 goal scorer who has a real mean streak. Sounds like exactly what we need. Addresses a toughness area we lack in the playoffs, has good hands, size, seems to me if the Sharks are shopping, gillis should be there too.

Surprised nobody here even wants a crack at Clowe. He makes us a better team. Everyone wants to put Kassian one the first line with the Sedins. What about a guy like Clowe? 20 goal scorer who has a real mean streak. Sounds like exactly what we need. Addresses a toughness area we lack in the playoffs, has good hands, size, seems to me if the Sharks are shopping, gillis should be there too.

who the hell gave you the plus 1?

Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks are addressing different needs

Looks like Boston is going after another dirty player

As for Vancouver they are looking for an offensisve defencemen. Sure someone like Clowe will help, but thats not our main priorty right now.

They're all perceived as good guys to have in the playoffs yet none have impressive #'s. Lucic and Burr floating around 1/2ppg, Clowe has the best, a lot of it comes from the 10/11 run. We complain about the Sedins, while they do need to up their game series to series, still are way above any of those 3 and others like them.

This would be one of the greatest moves if Van could pull this off. NOBODY would touch the Sedins and we would be a very TOUGH team to face in the playoffs. I would pretty much offer any combo of our forwords and a pick, except our 1st. This would be a trade to put us over the top IMO

They're all perceived as good guys to have in the playoffs yet none have impressive #'s. Lucic and Burr floating around 1/2ppg, Clowe has the best, a lot of it comes from the 10/11 run. We complain about the Sedins, while they do need to up their game series to series, still are way above any of those 3 and others like them.

who the hell gave you the plus 1?

Boston Bruins and Vancouver Canucks are addressing different needs

Looks like Boston is going after another dirty player

As for Vancouver they are looking for an offensisve defencemen. Sure someone like Clowe will help, but thats not our main priorty right now.

Really? So when did Kassian score 20 goals? Kass is a rookie who can't play two games the same yet. Clowe is a proven 20 goal scorer in the NHL. He has size and meanness. So far Kassian has proven nothing.

Clowe will go for a draft pick and/or a prospect if he does go. If I was gillis I would be first in line.

Sedin Sedin Clowe

Booth Kesler Higgins/Kassian

Hansen Raymond Higgins/Kassian

Weise lappiere pizzo

To me those are 3 quality lines with some toughness and size on each one.

Really? So when did Kassian score 20 goals? Kass is a rookie who can't play two games the same yet. Clowe is a proven 20 goal scorer in the NHL. He has size and meanness. So far Kassian has proven nothing.

Clowe will go for a draft pick and/or a prospect if he does go. If I was gillis I would be first in line.

Sedin Sedin Clowe

Booth Kesler Higgins/Kassian

Hansen Raymond Higgins/Kassian

Weise lappiere pizzo

To me those are 3 quality lines with some toughness and size on each one.

Archived