The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks 2 vs Minnesota 4

The Magician

I didn't say career numbers. This season in 7 games he had 1 G 4 A.

Kesler plays selfish and it works. Because he's the only one on this team who's not afraid to shoot the damn puck. If we had wingers that knew how to drive to the net and pick up rebounds, that second line would score more.

Yes we do play better with Bieksa in the lineup. With Bieksa in the lineup, we're 11-3-4. Without Bieksa in the lineup, we're 0-4-2.

People don't give Bieksa nearly the credit he deserves for being a leader on the ice. There`s a reason why Cherry loves the guy so much. Heart and soul guy, just like Kesler.

Just you watch. If Bieksa`s in the lineup against Columbus, we`ll come out a different team and dominate, just like we did when he came back for the Kings game.

I didn't say career numbers. This season in 7 games he had 1 G 4 A.

Kesler plays selfish and it works. Because he's the only one on this team who's not afraid to shoot the damn puck. If we had wingers that knew how to drive to the net and pick up rebounds, that second line would score more.

Yes we do play better with Bieksa in the lineup. With Bieksa in the lineup, we're 11-3-4. Without Bieksa in the lineup, we're 0-4-2.

People don't give Bieksa nearly the credit he deserves for being a leader on the ice. There`s a reason why Cherry loves the guy so much. Heart and soul guy, just like Kesler.

Just you watch. If Bieksa`s in the lineup against Columbus, we`ll come out a different team and dominate, just like we did when he came back for the Kings game.

You think 7 games is a big enough sample size to suggest Kesler is not a selfish player? Ridiculous....watch the guy play instead of trying to use stats to support anything. Hockey is a team game. If he feels he has to do it himself because his linemates are not good enough then maybe he needs to be traded somewhere that wants a guy with that kind of ego.....especially when he couldn't get much done last season himself.

I didn't say the results with Bieksa in the lineup aren't better. I said the team overall plays just as crappy and uninspired with him in the lineup. The fact that they manage to eke out more wins is really irrelevant if again you actually watch them play. Anytime you miss two of your leading ice time guys you are going to suffer a bit. But in all honesty the team does not miraculously become an elite team with those two in the lineup.....

And that has more to do with lack of motivation, uninspired coaching, and complacency than actual skill.

That was a pathetic effort last night from the goal out. Schneider was average at best. First, third and 4th goals were all pretty weak in my estimation.The team does need some sort of shake-up. Clearly the leadership group despite the closed door players' meeting could not alter what seems like unfocused and uninspired play from most of this team. I thought they would come out firing on all cylinders. Instead we're pulling the puck out of our net after 24 seconds. Just not good enough.

I have always been very supportive about the coaching staff but its' time to fire Newell Brown. The PP has disappeared and nothing they have done to shake it up has helped this year. Time for him to go.

I'm still confident we will turn it around and make the playoffs but the days of us winning games we don't out work the other team appear to be over.

So the issue with Garrison is he is slow as mud skating back to retrieve the puck. But on the flipside the Sedins cycle and dont even think of passing to him. He gets the puck by accident more than not. Partnering him with Edler is pointless since Edler wont ever pass back to set him up. I watched Garrison skate to the middle for the setup and nothing ever came,guy would be wide open.Very frustrating to watch.

As long as Gillis is making the moves, I am worried. Since the SCF, he has made little in the way of moves to address both our lack of a true number one shutdown defenseman and more firepower on offense.

Gillis has chosen to give an two year extension to a coach who lacks the ability to lead the team or out think the opponent. AV is predictable at the best of times. He was lucky during the deep playoff run of 2011. We should have been able to put Chicago away in 5-6 games, but we let them take us to 7 games. In overtime no less. Kesler became immortal, as did Luongo against Nashville, and the team really gelled against San Jose. which was IMO the best series in which the Canucks truly dominated. We had the Bruins, but by that time Alain's bag of tricks was empty. His proverbial well of strategy had run dry. It showed.

Gillis has also given out more NTC's than any other GM in Canucks history. That speaks more to the agent side of him. Why would any GM give a player like Edler a NTC after his pathetic showing last year? Look how great Edler is playing now. Great job Gillis.

Hopefully GMMG can wake the ^#&@ up before Edler's NTC kicks in on July 1st and we are stuck with his inconsistent, positionally weak play for six years. Trading Alex Edler is a must if this team wants to remain competitive.

Gillis needs also to cut his losses (figuratively and literally) and fire Alain Vigneault. If I'm not mistaken Lindy Ruff is still available and has 20 years experience of coaching in the NHL, as well as experience as an associate coach with the 2010 Olympic team.

Or we can get really excited with the return of Andrew Ebbett.

Sure game 7

olympic gold and no not just anybody could have backstopped team canada as he took the job from brodeur so dont give me that garbage.

The problem with you saying lu isnt good in the playoffs is that with schneider we might not even make the playoffs so who's better now

I disagree regarding AV. It is time for a change now.

I do agree that Gillis has his work cut out for him. It can start by ending the failed "Detroit Model" he is trying to follow.......you need much better drafting and development to make that long term strategy work.

This team needs to get younger with more guys with something left to prove. I would even be okay trading guys like Kesler or Bieksa for the right return to shake up the complacent core.

So you are agreeing that this team needs some restructuring but you still are still insistant on changing the coach and then expect that there will suddenly be a different result. That makes little sense.

If you are going to change the model, it is the players that you are going to change....once that is done you then can analyse the coaching. Obviously you accept that player changes are forthcoming so wouldn't it be better to give AV and the rest of the coaching staff a team that you are speaking of and then see how it goes? How would you like to be fired for taking too long to construct a home with a handsaw and then the boss turn around and give the next guy a full set of power tools?

So you are agreeing that this team needs some restructuring but you still are still insistant on changing the coach and then expect that there will suddenly be a different result. That makes little sense.

If you are going to change the model, it is the players that you are going to change....once that is done you then can analyse the coaching. Obviously you accept that player changes are forthcoming so wouldn't it be better to give AV and the rest of the coaching staff a team that you are speaking of and then see how it goes? How would you like to be fired for taking too long to construct a home with a handsaw and then the boss turn around and give the next guy a full set of power tools?

Its not Schneiders fault the team in front of him sucks, but Luongo will start tomorrow anyways. This team plays with no passion and no sense of urgency. It is long overdo for a coaching change as AV has obviously lost the team as well as a couple of big trades to try and jumpstart the team. I think Booth needs to go, as much as I like him he doesn't seem to fit in and I dont think trading him will have a negative affect on team chemistry. Any move MG can make other then swapping around 4th liners should be good as he has sat on his hands for far to long and I dont know if there are no trades out there or if he is to scared to make them but he needs to figure it out. The easy answer is to fire AV then go from there.

Archived