The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Wild 3 @ Canucks 1

Pears

More of the same. No goaltending.

For the first time in ages, I agree with AV. This team did play well tonight. I think they actually outchanced their opponent - which would mark the 1st time all season they outchanced their opponent in consecutive games. Oh looky, they lost both of them easily.

I thought this goalie tandem would be this teams best asset this year. Boy was I wrong. It's been their albatross. A black hole. The abyss. They both have welllllllll below league avg EV SV%. Hiller, Bishop, Bernier, Holtby, Garon, Reimer, Miller, Scrivens are a few of the "what the hell" goalies with better EV SV% than either Canucks goalie. No excuses. It's pathetic. The Canucks D have lowered the scoring chances against to a point it's well below league avg on most nights. Yet their goalies can't stop a beach ball.

Yes, this team needs to score more goals. No doubt about it. But no team is going to score 4 goals every night to win hockey games. Someone needs to sit down both goalies and let them know how much they make - and what's expected of them.

It's not easy to blame the goaltenders. In fact, you couldn't blame them in the last 4+ yrs for Canucks struggles. Lately, you definitely can. The numbers don't lie. They are both struggling worse than I can ever remember.

I mentioned the Canucks lack of scoring. It is a concern, I'm not dismissing it. But no team is going to score 4 or 5 goals every night to win hockey games. With the Canucks current goaltending, they have to. They've got a healthy back end and 2 healthy goaltenders. On paper, they should be in a better place than most teams in the league - yet, there are 14 other teams in the league with better GA/game. Unknowns and horrible goaltenders currently have better EV SV% than both the Canucks goalies.

There's no more excuses for these guys. They need to wake up.

I think what a lot of people are saying is right. We have almost zero scoring depth.

Kesler, Booth, Kassian.

Regardless of how they've been this season. They would be a lot of help right now.

Edit: Also, neither goalie has been lights out this season, and they need to be if we want to go on a roll with what we have right now

like i said , scratch this season. Try get 1st overall for mackinnion. That will be our center player . He will be our superstar youngster. the future.

next get Jordan subban from belleville bulls. He is a dmen who has good enough points on the back end who could be like his bro s from montreal. Right now jordan at 58 points for the bulls defensive corps. Im from B.C i never seen subban play but he sounds good.

Jc lipon. He is a hard nose , gritty and gets in the face and also score too and play the puck . Pretty much your lucic.

bjorkstrand . He is forward, but heck. He has 1 heck of a shot. From the blue line. He gets the puck in everytime. Originally from Denmark. He is at 68 points with the hawks in his first season.

That should be the canucks target list players they should get.

Yes, but my point is, even if the team is 100% healthy, it still needs 1 more game breaker. Booth isnt gonna cut it, Kassian would be a nice complimentary player on the 2nd line.

Offense is needed...This problem has been an issue on and off for a couple of years...on a side note.. Blake Price is an idiot listening to him trying to blame Luongo it was just soo funny that both Rick Ball and Dave Patterson argued with him and the Price changed his tone....This guy is an absolute crap starter when it comes to his hate on Luongo.When a team only scores 1 f499ing goal you can't blame the goalies.

Archived