The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phil Kessel vs. Tyler Seguin

vcrguy

I'd agree that the trade BB made isn't great (Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton), but its not as bad as people think.

I'd take Kessel straight up over Seguin any day, so his superiority there eats into Hamilton's value.

After a slow start, Kessel is once again a top 10 scorer in the NHL. That's two years in a row and Seguin hasn't come close to that.

I would say the Kessel trade is similar to the Hodgson for Kassian trade.

Both TO and Van lost the trades, but its nowhere near as lopsided as people think.

Would you agree?

Actually no.... It is pretty bad. I will still take Seguin and Hamilton and the other prospect over Phil Kessel on any given day. Totallly aware of Kessels offensive abilities, but still. I much rather have Seguin, as he's going to be a better player then Kessel.

Don't forget Kessel is 5 years older then him. Lets say were Seguin is by the time he is 25 or 26.

4 years older too and Kessel is a +-0 while Seguin is a +21. Don't make a goalie argument because Kadri is a +17

Corsi numbers too Seguin is better Seguin 19.3 Relative corsi to Kessels 6.9. Granted Kessel does pull better Quality of competition but only by .2 more

Actually no.... It is pretty bad. I will still take Seguin and Hamilton and the other prospect over Phil Kessel on any given day. Totallly aware of Kessels offensive abilities, but still. I much rather have Seguin, as he's going to be a better player then Kessel.

Don't forget Kessel is 5 years older then him. Lets say were Seguin is by the time he is 25 or 26.

4 years older too and Kessel is a +-0 while Seguin is a +21. Don't make a goalie argument because Kadri is a +17

Corsi numbers too Seguin is better Seguin 19.3 Relative corsi to Kessels 6.9. Granted Kessel does pull better Quality of competition but only by .2 more

I'd agree that the trade BB made isn't great (Kessel for Seguin and Hamilton), but its not as bad as people think.

I'd take Kessel straight up over Seguin any day, so his superiority there eats into Hamilton's value.

After a slow start, Kessel is once again a top 10 scorer in the NHL. That's two years in a row and Seguin hasn't come close to that.

I would say the Kessel trade is similar to the Hodgson for Kassian trade.

Both TO and Van lost the trades, but its nowhere near as lopsided as people think.

Would you agree?

At the moment neither team is complaining about the deal. Toronto is all but a lock for the playoffs , we have our number 1 center for the future, Reimer looks better and better each game, and the prospect pool is actually quite deep.

Sure it may not be great value but in the end it got us what we need.

At the moment neither team is complaining about the deal. Toronto is all but a lock for the playoffs , we have our number 1 center for the future, Reimer looks better and better each game, and the prospect pool is actually quite deep.

Sure it may not be great value but in the end it got us what we need.

Archived