The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official NHL 14 Thread

Please Call 911

I haven't had that happen yet.

Maybe it only happens online? I just play BeAGM and the computer opponent never backs out of a started fight.

This has only happened while playing friends offline, unfortunately. 3 times now, and there seems to be no way to avoid it. This problem, as well as my AI teammates (as well as the opponents) getting the holding penalty glitch are my big two common problems. You'd think after updates throughout the whole year they'd try and fix these things, but then again we're dealing with EA so why bother even trying to find a resolution. EA's NHL division is a worthless huge joke.

I wish they'd listen to us and fix things, but we all know that'll never happen.

So is nhl15 going to be next gen only? I hope not I dont want to purchase next gen yey

Doubt it. It will probably be like FIFA where there will be one for last gen, but it just won't look as good or have the new game engine. Next gen has the new Ignite engine which is actually pretty awesome. Makes me wonder what it will be like for NHL.

Funny thing happened to me in OTP. My guy's name is usually Christian Earhoff, but I had some other name for a game. I think it was somebody's name that quit before the game started or maybe during the loading screen.

Another glitch happened when all six of us on one team were playing different positions than what we locked in; I locked in as RD, but ended up playing goalie.

Funny thing happened to me in OTP. My guy's name is usually Christian Earhoff, but I had some other name for a game. I think it was somebody's name that quit before the game started or maybe during the loading screen.

Another glitch happened when all six of us on one team were playing different positions than what we locked in; I locked in as RD, but ended up playing goalie.

Well, i guess if its in the game its in the game??...

I wish there was a super sim mode for this game were you could set everything on auto sim for a desired time.

That and why does when the season end i have to still get updates for line combinations when i have no games to play.

and why do my players have no integrity when it comes to the playoffs couple guys have had broken fingers and been out for 7 weeks each.

One time in an EASHL game I went to the penalty box and I came off the bench as one of the CPU guys. Played as one of the CPU generated guys for half the game.

Yea i acutally played as a computer winger and set myself up for a goal. Not sure how it happens but its like a 3v3 with people serving 5min majors one penalty expires as the other team ices the puck. Played so much OTP that its wierd playing a right handed skater.

Guest Gumballthechewy

BAGM is so bad with the cap. I haven't had to worry about it at all due to discounts (e.g. Jensen 91OVR, 40G wanted a 3 year 2.5M deal).

Jensen at 91OVR!? I could never get him above 86OVR.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Funny thing, he had a big injury last season (still 91 overall) and he regressed to an 81 this season lol.

I've seen random jumps in overall but never one that big! :P

I've seen random jumps in overall but never one that big! :P

I know. During the season he went from an 86 to a 91 (I boosted my ass.coaching to the max, so he spiked)

No kidding. Same with Shinkaurak, Horvat and Gaunce. They don't become useable (80ish overall) till they're 25-26. Usually end up trading them away.

Same here. I had Blake Clarke (draftee) and he went to an 85 after one year in the AHL.

BAGM is so bad with the cap. I haven't had to worry about it at all due to discounts (e.g. Jensen 91OVR, 40G wanted a 3 year 2.5M deal).

Damn, you're lucky. For Canucks prospects this is the average I get them to (three GM modes with the Canucks):

Gaunce - 85

Horvat - 83

Shinkaruk - 88

Subban - 81

Corrado - 82

Those are the big prospects that I remember.

I edit some of them, I think it's dumb you have to wait like 5 years before Horvat and Shinkaruk are good enough to make the team.

Mine usually get to

Jensen 86-90

Corrado-82-84

Fox 79-83

Horvat 88-91

Gaunce 84-5

Cassels 77-80

Shinkaruk 89-91

Subban 79-81

Schroeder 82-83

Kassian 88-90

Lack 87-88