The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

Just moved to Surrey and started hitting up the Club 16 at Surrey Central.  Man there's a lot of douchebags there.  Not nearly enough equipment either.  The Club 16 in Coquitlam wasn't great, but it was far better.

The gym in Surrey is only like a 3 minute drive from my place, but I think I might start looking at some other options if I'm still not digging by the end of the month.  Any recommendations?  

1 hour ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

That Nugenix commercial. I thought that Frank Thomas guy was some body builder until I learned he wasn't. No wonder these guys all hit 500+ homers.. #vitaminS

Lol, I walked into the gyms change room yesterday and this dude was on the phone desperately trying to get some drug to combat his severely itchy nips. 

The guy has a really nice physique (no homo), but damn, now it’s got me wondering who else at my gym is on my he special vitamins.

54 minutes ago, Jägermeister said:

Just moved to Surrey and started hitting up the Club 16 at Surrey Central.  Man there's a lot of douchebags there.  Not nearly enough equipment either.  The Club 16 in Coquitlam wasn't great, but it was far better.

The gym in Surrey is only like a 3 minute drive from my place, but I think I might start looking at some other options if I'm still not digging by the end of the month.  Any recommendations?  

I’ve never been to that particular gym, but I find early mornings at most gyms it’s usually the more professional older folks at the gym getting a workout in before work and gets all greasy and douchey after 4:00pm

2 hours ago, Tortorella's Rant said:

That Nugenix commercial. I thought that Frank Thomas guy was some body builder until I learned he wasn't. No wonder these guys all hit 500+ homers.. #vitaminS

I think he’s just a massive human being. He was huge his whole career. 

1 hour ago, Jägermeister said:

How far are you willing to drive?

6 hours ago, HI5 said:

Lol, I walked into the gyms change room yesterday and this dude was on the phone desperately trying to get some drug to combat his severely itchy nips. 

The guy has a really nice physique (no homo), but damn, now it’s got me wondering who else at my gym is on my he special vitamins.

I’ve never been to that particular gym, but I find early mornings at most gyms it’s usually the more professional older folks at the gym getting a workout in before work and gets all greasy and douchey after 4:00pm

I was there from 2-4, so no luck there lol.

5 hours ago, Sean Monahan said:

I think he’s just a massive human being. He was huge his whole career. 

How far are you willing to drive?

Honestly, not far.  I'd prefer to stay in Surrey at the very least.

17 hours ago, Jägermeister said:

Platinum. About 10-15 minutes south on King George from Club 16 Central City. It's on 72 and King George.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NucksPatsFan said:

Platinum. About 10-15 minutes south on King George from Club 16 Central City. It's on 72 and King George.

Looks pretty nice

Edit: Found the answer to one my question.

Edited by Jägermeister

19 hours ago, riffraff said:

Dammit

big blow to my running.  Beach sprints.  Pop goes the hammy.

Are you going to physio?

I had a nasty groin pull from hockey back in December. I was very wise to go to physio.

All pretty cool to have pretty lady reaching between my legs  :bigblush: 

1 minute ago, Shift-4 said:

Are you going to physio?

I had a nasty groin pull from hockey back in December. I was very wise to go to physio.

All pretty cool to have pretty lady reaching between my legs  :bigblush: 

Pretty sure it's just a bad strain or pull in the muscle as I can walk at a good pace still and support my weight.  I ant jump or run.  I'm going to take two weeks off from running and stretch during that time.  Will see what happens.

i thought it was worse when it happened because I heard it and felt it and the pain came on strong quickly but a couple days later it was already feeling better.

2 hours ago, riffraff said:

Pretty sure it's just a bad strain or pull in the muscle as I can walk at a good pace still and support my weight.  I ant jump or run.  I'm going to take two weeks off from running and stretch during that time.  Will see what happens.

i thought it was worse when it happened because I heard it and felt it and the pain came on strong quickly but a couple days later it was already feeling better.

If it bruises go to physio

If you can find a cute therapist........GO TO PHYSIO!!

Edited by Shift-4
  • Like 1

On 25/06/2018 at 6:30 PM, Jägermeister said:

Steve nash fitness is in the same area and the equipment is pretty good. Its across the street from Canadian tire.

Worked out 4x a week for 2 months and only took last week off for our groups annual week long golf trip.

Definitely did not stress about what I ate and really enjoyed myself. Came back home, back on track this week and didn't even really stall any progress...love that!

I'm down over 10LBs over these last couple of months and rather like not having a specific deadline for when I need to be in tip top shape. I start my firefighting training in September and it takes 14 months to become fully certified. So, that will give me ample time to get my weight down closer to 200 and my cardio up. 

Another 10 or 15LBs down and I am going to incorporate some swimming in to my weekly routine, just some kick board stuff because I suck at actually trying to swim.