The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Workout Thread

To go back on the gloves topic I was thinking about something like this. I really do need the wrist support because I constantly am tweaking my wrists, I'm sure my form isn't the greatest with exercises.

pSPCK1-6681620dt.jpg

Those things are going to make the bar harder to hold because of added thickness. Spend $20 to buy a pair of wrist wraps. Plus, your hands will benefit from not wearing gloves.

Those things are going to make the bar harder to hold because of added thickness. Spend $20 to buy a pair of wrist wraps. Plus, your hands will benefit from not wearing gloves.

Well I already wear gloves and have no issues with them. Pair of Nike gloves. Once broken into there is no problem. But I guess I'll look into it, perhaps I can get just wrist wraps and throw on my Nikes ontop (thin gloves). Just makes it more comfortable for me, personal preference.

This crap is getting frustrating. Put in 2 good weeks of calorie deficit, sister and brother in law visit and I just eat like crap again.

I used to be a cutting machine and now I have the will power of a pregnant women with cravings. This is brutal...Might need to hammer the ephedrine again.

This crap is getting frustrating. Put in 2 good weeks of calorie deficit, sister and brother in law visit and I just eat like crap again.

I used to be a cutting machine and now I have the will power of a pregnant women with cravings. This is brutal...Might need to hammer the ephedrine again.

It's not a big deal. Think of it as a "refeed" and move on. Getting hung up on these kind of things when not competing is pretty useless. If it becomes a habit (binging/eating like crap every week), then worry about it.

It's not a big deal. Think of it as a "refeed" and move on. Getting hung up on these kind of things when not competing is pretty useless. If it becomes a habit (binging/eating like crap every week), then worry about it.

Well, it sort of has.

The 3 week window between transferring gym memberships in Calgary then moving to Comox and getting my new one were a nightmare, gained 10LBs. Just started back up 2 weeks ago and had a pretty bad weekend. I'm getting back on track, just frustrating...even though i'm cutting for an entire year this cut, I just hate spinning my tires.

On my second clen cycle.

I've been seeing some results but the shakes I get after up'ing the dose post 150mg is noticeable.

You seriously running clen? I have an unopened bottle of that plus T3 I was going to run on a cutting cycle, but I bought before doing hard research. Heard mixed with T3 (Not Tylenol) can be very catabolic and I want to hold on to the gains (slight) I made on my winter bulk.

Just heard about how bad the shakes were..I'm super stim resistant so I thought it might be fine but then kept reading stuff about how it can possibly enlarge the heart and speeds up heart rate to insane amounts.

You seriously running clen? I have an unopened bottle of that plus T3 I was going to run on a cutting cycle, but I bought before doing hard research. Heard mixed with T3 (Not Tylenol) can be very catabolic and I want to hold on to the gains (slight) I made on my winter bulk.

Just heard about how bad the shakes were..I'm super stim resistant so I thought it might be fine but then kept reading stuff about how it can possibly enlarge the heart and speeds up heart rate to insane amounts.

Yeah. I haven't even been working out very hard with it. I just wanted to ease my body into it and see what the doses felt like.

40mg-100mg - I just noticed a small increase in energy (similar to an ongoing caffeine high)

100mg-160mg - I don't know if you have ever taken ephedrine, but it feels a lot like that. Sweating, shakes. Tons of energy.

160mg-200mg (1mL) - Just coming up on this now, see how it goes.

Yeah. I haven't even been working out very hard with it. I just wanted to ease my body into it and see what the doses felt like.

40mg-100mg - I just noticed a small increase in energy (similar to an ongoing caffeine high)

100mg-160mg - I don't know if you have ever taken ephedrine, but it feels a lot like that. Sweating, shakes. Tons of energy.

160mg-200mg (1mL) - Just coming up on this now, see how it goes.

You noticing much difference in actual fat loss? I have ephedrine and I don't really get THAT much energy from it, just liked how it helped as an appetite suppressant.

Maybe i'll crack the bottle and try it out at a low dosage.

You noticing much difference in actual fat loss? I have ephedrine and I don't really get THAT much energy from it, just liked how it helped as an appetite suppressant.

Maybe i'll crack the bottle and try it out at a low dosage.

I'm not noticing a weight loss, but I feel like I'm losing fat and gaining muscle evenly.

I can notice where more muscle is developing, but I have been eating like a pig and not gaining.

Well, it sort of has.

The 3 week window between transferring gym memberships in Calgary then moving to Comox and getting my new one were a nightmare, gained 10LBs. Just started back up 2 weeks ago and had a pretty bad weekend. I'm getting back on track, just frustrating...even though i'm cutting for an entire year this cut, I just hate spinning my tires.

You gained 10lbs in 3 weeks? My guess is some of that is water weight. Otherwise you're eating an extra 1500+ calories beyond maintenance a day.

You gained 10lbs in 3 weeks? My guess is some of that is water weight. Otherwise you're eating an extra 1500+ calories beyond maintenance a day.

Yes, I know most of it was water weight, but even after my first 2 weeks back in the gym, that only tapered down 3LBs. I used to lose the initial weight at an alarming clip and now that i'm a lot more lean than I used to be, i'll just have to get used to slow and steady progress.

Ok, i'm confused.

So this summer I've been working my ass off trying to improve on my bench max.

I saw great results during the first 2-4 weeks but now it seems like i'm regressing.

Today I was barely able to rep my usual 5rpm three times.

Tried changing up my routines. Went 4x4 for the first couple of weeks(two times a week), then Wendlers 5/3/1 for the next four weeks(once a week), and now im doing 5x5 (once a week)

I was also forced to use the chest press machine for the last two weeks due to the db and bb benches being used.

Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong?

Ok, i'm confused.

I saw great results during the first 2-4 weeks but now it seems like i'm regressing.

Tried changing up my routines. Went 4x4 for the first couple of weeks(two times a week), then Wendlers 5/3/1 for the next four weeks(once a week), and now im doing 5x5 (once a week)

I was also forced to use the chest press machine for the last two weeks due to the db and bb benches being used.

Bench press is a pretty easy exercise to plateau on. I'd try doing copound workouts to increase overall strength. Doing exercises like sqauts will increase overall testosterone levels and lead to increased strength and size all over.

I'd also guess that a lot of your issues are diet related. I'd try eating more.

I'd also read Mark Rippetoe's book "Starting Strength".

Ok, i'm confused.

How much arch and leg drive are you getting? If your arch is inconsistent, that can have a big impact on performance.

I'd also bench 2x per week. Monday would be 5x5 for "volume". Friday would be "intensity" where you work up to a 5rm and add 5lbs per week. Monday would be ~85% of Friday, and I'd start Friday at ~10% less than your 5RM so you can get a lot of momentum going before reaching PR territory again.

Anyone run Var or Test before? Any reviews/reccomendations

You know that you are asking about illegal hormones, right?

One thing I will tell you. If you are seriously looking in to doing something like that, Don't even think about cycling if you are under the age of 25. You could damage your natural testosterone and be on TRT for the rest of your life.

Do your homework. NEVER do an Oral only cycle and make sure you do proper PCT.

I've got my bottle of Clen right beside me, not sure how I should dose it to start off. I have been doing some more reading and it seems like people start as low as 25mcg which in my bottles case would be .25ml, that doesn't seem like much so maybe i'll start at that.