The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineup for 2013-2014

Lui's Knob

There is no point gutting this team..its already missing its heart..

Just look back at when these guys were blooming....before the goalie controversies, before the extreme lows...

We need a new heart...we need something to pump that oxygenated blood through our arteries...

We have always been searching for it..but we have never been able to seed our own since Linden

Messier the heart of the NYR - we tried to emulate the team that defeated us by taking their heart - but the results were not the same

Naslund - Great player but remained as the quiet-type, lead by action, in the shadows of Messier ..but when he became Captain he could always get his line going but the rest of the team was ill equipped.

Sundin - The heart of the Leafs - hoping he could ignite our team the same way. But again somebody we never sowed on our own.

Luongo - well we all know how that went.

On the other hand, these teams sowed their own captains: Crosby, Toews, Iginla, Ovechkin, Lemieux - as some examples and those players have taken ownership and really tried to carry their team in every way.

...........Somehow, someway..we need a defibrillation and we need it fkn bad. I think if you gave Kesler the C - he would up his game and could elevate this team, he may not be the greatest player in the league, but he seems like the guy that has always been desiring it, he views himself in the likes of other good players in the league that why he is on the checking line - he believes he is as equivalent, as good, and is confident. I think however, getting the captaincy validation would surge his confidence, his ability, and could transform this team.

Thoughts?

LOLOL I love when this happens. People, EVERY team needs plugs. That's why there's a salary cap. You can't have every god damn player be as good as Kesler or the twins. You need depth in the form of "plugs". That's the way hockey teams operate.

With that said, I laugh to see you put Roy, Weise, Lapierre, Kassian and even Raymond, Booth, and Pini on your list of exiting players. These guys have been fantastic plugs! To suggest we should get rid of them is ridiculous. I understand Ballard because he's WAY overpaid, even though I like watching him play.

LOLOL I love when this happens. People, EVERY team needs plugs. That's why there's a salary cap. You can't have every god damn player be as good as Kesler or the twins. You need depth in the form of "plugs". That's the way hockey teams operate.

With that said, I laugh to see you put Roy, Weise, Lapierre, Kassian and even Raymond, Booth, and Pini on your list of exiting players. These guys have been fantastic plugs! To suggest we should get rid of them is ridiculous. I understand Ballard because he's WAY overpaid, even though I like watching him play.

fantasy lineup of the day :)

Luongo to Florida for Brian Campbell, 2013 2nd round pick

Edler + Burrows + Corrado to Philly for Brayden Schenn + Luke Schenn

buyout Ballard

re-sign Tanev

sign Torres, Gordon, Comeau

sedin - sedin - kesler

booth - schenn - kassian

higgins - gaunce - hansen

torres - gordon - comeau

hamhuis - bieksa

campbell - tanev

garrison - schenn

schneiderman

http://www.theprovin...2814/story.html

Gallahgers article today suggests they might not re-signing Lappy this summer, due in part to his 'talking back' to officials:

He said that on the few occasions when Max Lapierre complained to the officials, he got his ears pinned back by the players on the ice and later in the room a. And (our observations here) this summer, he’ll likely have to find another city in which to play, partly on that account.

fantasy lineup of the day :)

Luongo to Florida for Brian Campbell, 2013 2nd round pick

Edler + Burrows + Corrado to Philly for Brayden Schenn + Luke Schenn

buyout Ballard

re-sign Tanev

sign Torres, Gordon, Comeau

sedin - sedin - kesler

booth - schenn - kassian

higgins - gaunce - hansen

torres - gordon - comeau

hamhuis - bieksa

campbell - tanev

garrison - schenn

schneiderman

I don't feel that Lapierre brought much to the team this year. I'd rather we go out and get a big, physical winger who can actually drop the mits often and win some fights too.

Ya, 'if' it's true it could be a big loss. This team isn't exactly swimming with quality centres. It's not like releasing Lappy will change how the referees view or call this teams games. Thinking they might want to try Lain as 4th line C next yr, and go for a centre like Gordon who's a grade A Pker and faceoff guy.

Anyone know Lains skating ability? Is he decent for a big guy? I could see the Canucks putting him with a skating instructor this summer. They're doing something for Corrado, they helped Kassian last summer.

http://capgeek.com/canucks

Fire Unsucessful GM for last 2 years . Coach AV is fine . But get rid of Cory Schneider 4 M + David Booth 4.25M + keith Ballard 4.25 M + zach Kassian .875M + Andrew Ebbet .600 M + Andrew Alberts 1.225 M = 15.15 M .

So canucks salary cap gonna cut down at 55 M for today's market . Next year Alex Elder gain more 1.8 M in his new contract + Chris Higgins also gain .600 M = 2.4 M

55 M + 2.4 M = 57.4 M for rest of Canucks roster .

Canucks still have 6.7 M in cap space . We could be get star wing ( offensive player ) .

Offensive :

Higgins Kesler burrows

Daniel Henrik Hansen ( Jensen )

May Ray Roy Schroeder ( Gaunce )

Lapierre kellan Lain pinnizzoto

-------------------------------------------------------

Blue line :

Beiksa Hamuis

Elder Garrison

Tanev cam barker ( Frank Corrado , Patrick Mullen , Yaun Sauve )

Luongo

Joe cantata or Eddie

This could be a great team ever !!!

http://capgeek.com/canucks

Fire Unsucessful GM for last 2 years . Coach AV is fine . But get rid of Cory Schneider 4 M + David Booth 4.25M + keith Ballard 4.25 M + zach Kassian .875M + Andrew Ebbet .600 M + Andrew Alberts 1.225 M = 15.15 M .

So canucks salary cap gonna cut down at 55 M for today's market . Next year Alex Elder gain more 1.8 M in his new contract + Chris Higgins also gain .600 M = 2.4 M

55 M + 2.4 M = 57.4 M for rest of Canucks roster .

Canucks still have 6.7 M in cap space . We could be get star wing ( offensive player ) .

Offensive :

Higgins Kesler burrows

Daniel Henrik Hansen ( Jensen )

May Ray Roy Schroeder ( Gaunce )

Lapierre kellan Lain pinnizzoto

-------------------------------------------------------

Blue line :

Beiksa Hamuis

Elder Garrison

Tanev cam barker ( Frank Corrado , Patrick Mullen , Yaun Sauve )

Luongo

Joe cantata or Eddie

This could be a great team ever !!!

funny all the hate for gillies. AV's the one who missed used the players on the roster, gillies said its all the coaches decision. Cory named started after louie delivers yet another presidents trophy to the organization there for handcuffing the Gm on what could be done with the BEST goaltender to ever play for this team.

Archived