The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineup for 2013-2014

Lui's Knob

In my opinion I can not stand a coach who makes the choices AV makes with Luongo and Schneider. So I hope they give someone else a go. Also Mike Gillis gets nothing done and seems to always go after bargain players. I cannot stand watching Andrew Ebbett play he basically did nothing. Personally when I watched Schroeder play he showed signs of a good 3 line center. Smart choices with the puck, speed and the desire to play.

I say move the Sedins they have not got us a cup and there contracts are coming up soon.

I would love to see this:

Sedins traded to say Colorado for Matt Duchene and there 1st Seth Jones. Whatever else they could get.

Then Luongo and Bieska to Edmonton for there 1st and say Gagner or Hemsky yes Hemsky his puck moving is what Kesler would need.

Lines:

Burrows Duchene Kassian

Booth Kesler Hemsky

Higgins Schroeder Hansen

Jensen Lapierre Weise

Edler S.Jones

Hamhius Corrado

Garrison Tanev

Schnieder

Lack

So that would give Vancouver 3 - 1st for there rebuild plus still put a great team on the ice.

Trade Edler for Rome 1 for 1.

Sedin - Sedin - Booth(Replaced by Ebbett when injured)

Burrows - Kesler - Ebbett(Replaced by Pinizotto when moved up to first line)

Higgins - Andrew Gordon - Hansen

Weise - Ebbett(double shifting) - Kassian

Garrison - Hamhuis

Bieksa - Rome

Tanev - Alberts

Hasek

Lack

funny all the hate for gillies. AV's the one who missed used the players on the roster, gillies said its all the coaches decision. Cory named started after louie delivers yet another presidents trophy to the organization there for handcuffing the Gm on what could be done with the BEST goaltender to ever play for this team. Booth came in for two guys that haven't played this season Ballard never got a chance to show what he could do, hodgson hated AV and his family and agent basically demanded a trade. the skill was there it was miss used all season long and guys like alberts barker ebbett were getting played over guys that have more skill and have had success over there NHL careers those are all coaching calls the only thing gillis didn't do was fire the coach that appears to have been trying to submarine him. why burn a year of an elc on a player like corrado when your down 2 games in round one while ballard sits.gillis isn't perfect but really the players he brought in haven't been as advertised and they haven't been put in roles to succeed. roy was brought in to play as a second or third liner and give this team some much needed depth a center instead of making a line and trying to build some chemistry he was juggled around and looked lost trying to figure out what exactly his role was. Raymond played great early this season and had good speed and chemistry with Jordan they scored why break that up when it was successful. ballard booth roy garrison lapiere kassian higgins is there any team that wouldn't want those guys at the time there where brought in. even now none of them are bad players.

Horrible system (whatever it was)

horrible PP

Horrible PK

team allowed to play with very little emotion/motivation all season

= horrible coaching

when the team decides they don't what to play for the coaches its hard to get motivated to win for him/them, thats what this team looked like all season. to me they looked like a team that hated there coach.

sedins, burrows ,kesler© hansen, bieska either louie or shnieds those would be the only untouchables. would really like to see what booth could actually do if/when he's healthy garrison hamuis are good d-men and lappy is great 4th liner plenty of skill to build around

Bring in Chad LaRose, Matt Cooke, Boyd Gordon, and Kyle Chipchura as our bottom six players.

Trade either Luongo or Schneider (preferably Schneider) for a top end prospect.

Bring in a veteran like Andy McDonald to play with Kesler.

D. Sedin - H. Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - McDonald

Cooke - LaRose - Hansen

Weiss - Gordon - Chipchura

Edler - Tanev

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Corrado

funny all the hate for gillies. AV's the one who missed used the players on the roster, gillies said its all the coaches decision. Cory named started after louie delivers yet another presidents trophy to the organization there for handcuffing the Gm on what could be done with the BEST goaltender to ever play for this team. Booth came in for two guys that haven't played this season Ballard never got a chance to show what he could do, hodgson hated AV and his family and agent basically demanded a trade. the skill was there it was miss used all season long and guys like alberts barker ebbett were getting played over guys that have more skill and have had success over there NHL careers those are all coaching calls the only thing gillis didn't do was fire the coach that appears to have been trying to submarine him. why burn a year of an elc on a player like corrado when your down 2 games in round one while ballard sits.gillis isn't perfect but really the players he brought in haven't been as advertised and they haven't been put in roles to succeed. roy was brought in to play as a second or third liner and give this team some much needed depth a center instead of making a line and trying to build some chemistry he was juggled around and looked lost trying to figure out what exactly his role was. Raymond played great early this season and had good speed and chemistry with Jordan they scored why break that up when it was successful. ballard booth roy garrison lapiere kassian higgins is there any team that wouldn't want those guys at the time there where brought in. even now none of them are bad players.

Horrible system (whatever it was)

horrible PP

Horrible PK

team allowed to play with very little emotion/motivation all season

= horrible coaching

when the team decides they don't what to play for the coaches its hard to get motivated to win for him/them, thats what this team looked like all season. to me they looked like a team that hated there coach.

sedins, burrows ,kesler© hansen, bieska either louie or shnieds those would be the only untouchables. would really like to see what booth could actually do if/when he's healthy garrison hamuis are good d-men and lappy is great 4th liner plenty of skill to build around

Ill take roy for $20 cap hit.

I'd rather almost any of ur GM choices over MG. Hell ... give Wayne a chance if he wants it. Bring some respect to this organization.

Coach I'm not sure who I prefer. I don't hate AV half as much as I hate gillis

I think putting the Sedins on the second line would take a lot of pressure off of them to produce points

???? - Kesler - ????

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Higgins - ???? - Burrows

???? - Lapierre - Hansen

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Edler - Garrison

???? - Tanev

Schneider/Luongo

Lack

Build around Kesler

Trading Schroeder will be the same mistake we made with Grabner and Hodgson.

As soon as we trade him, he'll become a 50-60 point player.

The reason this team never has assets for trades is because we never take the time to fully develop our prospects into something tradeable.

If we had waited one more season with Grabner and Hodgson, we likely could have traded them for a big piece of the puzzle. Instead one was a throw in, and the other was traded for unproven talent.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

Ryane Clowe ($4.200m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Bobby Ryan ($5.100m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Jay McClement ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Bryan Bickell ($1.500m) / Boyd Gordon ($1.500m) / Kyle Chipchura ($0.800m)

Tom Sestito ($0.550m) /

DEFENSEMEN

Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m) / Shea Weber ($7.857m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Chris Tanev ($2.000m)

Mark Fraser ($1.250m) / Frank Corrado ($0.599m)

Jordie Benn ($0.525m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (1.493% of upper limit)

Roberto Luongo ($0.960m—18.0%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,111,587; BONUSES: $0

CAP SPACE (22-man roster): $188,413

trades:

to nas: kevin bieksa, david booth, jordan schroeder, 2014 1st

to van: shea weber

to tor: roberto luongo, 18% retained salary (~$960k)

to van: jay mcclement, rfa rights for mark fraser, 2013 2nd

to ana: alex edler, alex burrows, 2013 3rd

to van: bobby ryan, 2013 1st

rfa signings:

chris tanev: 3 years @ $2 m per year

mark fraser: 2 years @ $1.25 m per year

ufa signings:

ryane clowe: 6 years @ $4.2 m per year, nmc

bryan bickell: 3 years @ $1.5 m per year

boyd gordon: 3 years @ $1.5 m per year

kyle chipchurra: 2 years @ $800 k per year

tom sestito: 1 year @ $550 k per year

jordie benn: 1 year @ $525 k per year

Heres my idea hate on it if you like but what i have is

Sign:

Elias

Ryder

Hainsey

Buy Out:

Booth

Ballard

Trade:

Lu +?

Acquire:

Mathhias ( don't know what the asking price for him will be )

Resign:

Lapeirre

Sesito

Tanev

Release:

Raymond

Roy

Alberts

Ebbet

Barker

Lines for next year:

Sedin Sedin Ryder

Elias Kesler Burrows

Higgins Matthias Hansen

Sestito Lapeirre Kassian

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Hansey

Garrison Tanev

Schnider

Cannata

That would leave us with around $30k according to cap geek assuming Elias and Hainsey take a pay cut and Tanev gets a much larger deal. I dont see a point in rushing Gaunce, Lain and Lack to the NHL it could ruin there development and may hurt our team.

Archived