The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lineup for 2013-2014

Lui's Knob

U guys dont want Chipchura by the way he was the captain of the bulldogs and had a bright career till he started doing the wrong crap...which i dont think i have to mention. MTL wanted him to be there 3 but he really regressed.

We're gonna need to slot some rookies into the lineup, and shift money from the D to the forwards IMO.

These are the holes I see now:

Sedin Sedin Blank

Burrows Kesler Blank

Higgins Blank Hansen

Blank Lapierre Blank

I think Lapierre definitely gets re-signed. And I think we need to get a big name player to play with the Sedins like a Shane Doan. Or we need to get a really good second line right winger.

At least of couple of the holes will need to be filled by players like Kassian, Schroeder, Jensen, or Gaunce.

I had posted this to another thread a few months back and this is what I'd like to see. There seems to be 800 threads on this same topic but I'll post here as well.

Given that it seems like Corrado is ready (albeit only a couple of games but he can manage a bottom pairing as he's better than most of our bottom right now)...some minor tweaks to my original proposal

As we have seen and I said earlier, we are still lacking the hands/size combination, aggressiveness/hitting, and hunger we need to win a cup. As such here are my thoughts (albeit challenging to do all of them) that could really turn us into a TOUGH team to play against, and one that's built for the playoff grind, and that can play any style.

Right now our 2014 cap is 60 million, it is expected to be 64 million so here are my views.

First things first

1. Lou, Bieksa, Schroeder, and our first to Philly for Coutourier and #11 overall. Philly gets their goalie, a decent dman, a potential center and still keep a first rounder.

2. Then take that number 11 pick plus Jensen and move it to FLA for #2 overall. FLA has depth at center, they dont NEED McKinnon, they could use a winger with hands and Jensen is more ready than any pick will be. Morover they still have a 11th overall...a great deal for them.

3. Draft McKinnon

4. Sign David Clarkson for 4.25 ml and Raffi Torres for 3.0 (yes slight overpayment but given his playoff performance there will be a battle for him, SJ will likely have the upper hand here as he seems to have found a nice spot).

4. Trade Ballard, Higgins, and Tostito to the Islanders for Matt Martin and a 2nd round pick. Islanders will be in desparate need of a top 4 dman given the UFA and aging status of most of their D. An experienced Dman will do wonders for that team going forward as they are showing they are ready to take the next step. Higgins is from NY and brings a veteran presence to a team that will need one. Tostito helps them replace Martin (at least a bit). Martin gives us what we're missing on the 4th line, the best hitter in the NHL.

5. Sign Boyd Gordon or Steckel for the fourth line and let Roy go as well as MayRay

6. Resign Lappy for 2.0 ml

7. Booth traded for a pick

This team will have size on every line. Someone who can score and hit with the Sedins (and take some pressure off Kassian and let him develop properly).Clarkson has size, uses it, can fight and will drop em, protect the Sedins and can score, has very good hands, good cycler and around the net/tough areas.

In addition, we solved our issues down the middle for the next 12 years. With Coutourier and McKinnon we have a real number 1 and real number 2, at the most important position, next to goalie, in hockey. We also have Gaunce ready to be a superstar number 3 with 2nd line capability - what we've been lacking for so many seasons, real strengths long term at 1c 2c and 3c.

Burrows moves back with Kesler Mckinnon plays the other wing until he’s ready to play center. Offensive instincts suggest he can jump in. He can play the playmaker on this line until he's ready to take over at center. He's more offensively gifted then Coutourier so Couts goes to #3 as till the Sedins move on and also more experienced so a better bet to be in a 'responsible' position right now.

The team below wins the Stanley Cup next year.

Line up.

Daniel Henrik Clarkson

6.1 / 6.1/ 4.25 = 16

Burrows Kesler Mckinnon

4.5 / 5/ .875 = 10.4

Kassian Coutourier Torres

.875 / 1.35 / 3.0 = 5.25

Martin / Lappy / Hansen

1 / 2.0 / 1.35= 4.35

Forwards = 36.

Hamhuis Garrison

4.5 / 4.6 = 9.1

Edler Tanev

5 / 2 = 7

Find a number 5/6 (Fistric) + / Corrado

3 /1 = 4

Defense = 20.1

Schnieds

Lack

Total = 61.1 Mil

Add in Steckel as your depth Center for 2 ml

You’re at 63 ml.

Team needs to get bigger, stronger, grittier and score alot more goals....so,

Gaunce is going to be a beast.

This.

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

My Custom Lineup

FORWARDS

Mike Ribeiro ($5.000m) / Ryan Kesler ($5.000m) / Nicklas Jensen ($0.894m)

Daniel Sedin ($6.100m) / Henrik Sedin ($6.100m) / Pascal Dupuis ($1.500m)

Chris Higgins ($2.500m) / Brendan Gaunce ($1.088m) / Alexandre Burrows ($4.500m)

Steve Pinizzotto ($0.600m) / Maxim Lapierre ($1.500m) / Jannik Hansen ($1.350m)

Zack Kassian ($0.870m)

DEFENSEMEN

Frank Corrado ($0.599m) / Kevin Bieksa ($4.600m)

Jason Garrison ($4.600m) / Dan Hamhuis ($4.500m)

Alexander Edler ($5.000m) / Chris Tanev ($1.500m)

Andrew Alberts ($1.225m) /

GOALTENDERS

Cory Schneider ($4.000m)

Eddie Lack ($0.750m)

OTHER

Buyout: David Booth ($0.000m)

Buyout: Keith Ballard ($0.000m)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.083% of upper limit)

Roberto Luongo ($0.053m—1.0%)

------

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)

(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)

SALARY CAP: $64,300,000; CAP PAYROLL: $63,829,444; BONUSES: $162,500

CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $633,056

If you want to get real crazy (won't happen but would really shake up the line up as we know it)!:

insert name- insert name- insert name

sedin-sedin-kassian

burrows-kesler-higgins

insert name- insert name- Hansen

Garrison-Hamhuis

Bieksa-Tanev

insert name- Corrado

Insert name

Schnieder

Insert name

I had posted this to another thread a few months back and this is what I'd like to see. There seems to be 800 threads on this same topic but I'll post here as well.

Given that it seems like Corrado is ready (albeit only a couple of games but he can manage a bottom pairing as he's better than most of our bottom right now)...some minor tweaks to my original proposal

As we have seen and I said earlier, we are still lacking the hands/size combination, aggressiveness/hitting, and hunger we need to win a cup. As such here are my thoughts (albeit challenging to do all of them) that could really turn us into a TOUGH team to play against, and one that's built for the playoff grind, and that can play any style.

Right now our 2014 cap is 60 million, it is expected to be 64 million so here are my views.

First things first

1. Lou, Bieksa, Schroeder, and our first to Philly for Coutourier and #11 overall. Philly gets their goalie, a decent dman, a potential center and still keep a first rounder.

2. Then take that number 11 pick plus Jensen and move it to FLA for #2 overall. FLA has depth at center, they dont NEED McKinnon, they could use a winger with hands and Jensen is more ready than any pick will be. Morover they still have a 11th overall...a great deal for them.

3. Draft McKinnon

4. Sign David Clarkson for 4.25 ml and Raffi Torres for 3.0 (yes slight overpayment but given his playoff performance there will be a battle for him, SJ will likely have the upper hand here as he seems to have found a nice spot).

4. Trade Ballard, Higgins, and Tostito to the Islanders for Matt Martin and a 2nd round pick. Islanders will be in desparate need of a top 4 dman given the UFA and aging status of most of their D. An experienced Dman will do wonders for that team going forward as they are showing they are ready to take the next step. Higgins is from NY and brings a veteran presence to a team that will need one. Tostito helps them replace Martin (at least a bit). Martin gives us what we're missing on the 4th line, the best hitter in the NHL.

5. Sign Boyd Gordon or Steckel for the fourth line and let Roy go as well as MayRay

6. Resign Lappy for 2.0 ml

7. Booth traded for a pick

This team will have size on every line. Someone who can score and hit with the Sedins (and take some pressure off Kassian and let him develop properly).Clarkson has size, uses it, can fight and will drop em, protect the Sedins and can score, has very good hands, good cycler and around the net/tough areas.

In addition, we solved our issues down the middle for the next 12 years. With Coutourier and McKinnon we have a real number 1 and real number 2, at the most important position, next to goalie, in hockey. We also have Gaunce ready to be a superstar number 3 with 2nd line capability - what we've been lacking for so many seasons, real strengths long term at 1c 2c and 3c.

Burrows moves back with Kesler Mckinnon plays the other wing until he’s ready to play center. Offensive instincts suggest he can jump in. He can play the playmaker on this line until he's ready to take over at center. He's more offensively gifted then Coutourier so Couts goes to #3 as till the Sedins move on and also more experienced so a better bet to be in a 'responsible' position right now.

The team below wins the Stanley Cup next year.

Line up.

Daniel Henrik Clarkson

6.1 / 6.1/ 4.25 = 16

Burrows Kesler Mckinnon

4.5 / 5/ .875 = 10.4

Kassian Coutourier Torres

.875 / 1.35 / 3.0 = 5.25

Martin / Lappy / Hansen

1 / 2.0 / 1.35= 4.35

Forwards = 36.

Hamhuis Garrison

4.5 / 4.6 = 9.1

Edler Tanev

5 / 2 = 7

Find a number 5/6 (Fistric) + / Corrado

3 /1 = 4

Defense = 20.1

Schnieds

Lack

Total = 61.1 Mil

Add in Steckel as your depth Center for 2 ml

You’re at 63 ml.

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

____ - Kesler - Jensen

Higgins ____ - Hansen

____ - Lappiere - Kassian

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Garrison - Tanev

____ - Corrado

I said it all season long, we need atleast one top 6 forward for Kesler to play with. Henrik/Daniel, Higgins/Hansen, Kesler has no one. Edler is the best candidate to get that top 6 forward.

The only way Kassian will mature is by playing with the Sedins. Kesler is good but not good enough to have a trainee on his line.

I would see Raymond stay over Booth. He had a decent bounce-back season and will be the cheaper sign.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Hansen

____ - Gaunce - Raymond

Higgins - Lapierre - _____

Weise/Sestito/etc are not what we need. Ever since Boston we have focused on "toughness".. well, the last two years we have out-hit teams in a lot of playoff games.. What happens? We end up unable to score or sitting in the penalty box. MG has put too much focus on hitters. We need grit. And to me, that means, a guy that can finish his check and score a damn goal.

Garrison - ______

Hamhuis - Bieksa

____ - Tanev

Garrison's booming shot can do what Salo did for our PP. He needs a defensively responsible partner. Edler's offence is sporadic and his D is often laughable. Right now he would get a great return. Ballard's contract won't fetch us much - but if we aren't going to play him, why keep him?

I think out of Booth, Ballard, Edler and Luongo we can get two top-9 forwards, a top 4 D, a depth D, prospects and picks. With how shallow our prospect pool is I would not be surprised to see players let go for only those.

I would say fire MG and give AV another year. Our team had holes and the Luongo trade would have helped that. We gave up our top D prospect for Roy the loaner - who thinks he is a better player than he is. I know our late draft picks are a factor but it seems like anytime somebody shines in the minors, we trade them. Not bitter about Hodgson. You can't change a guy's attitude. But if we put Kesler on the wing for Roy, we surely could have done it for Hodgson. Hell, Buffalo traded Pominville over him.

The only way Kassian will mature is by playing with the Sedins. Kesler is good but not good enough to have a trainee on his line.

I would see Raymond stay over Booth. He had a decent bounce-back season and will be the cheaper sign.

Sedin - Sedin - Kassian

Burrows - Kesler - Hansen

____ - Gaunce - Raymond

Higgins - Lapierre - _____

Weise/Sestito/etc are not what we need. Ever since Boston we have focused on "toughness".. well, the last two years we have out-hit teams in a lot of playoff games.. What happens? We end up unable to score or sitting in the penalty box. MG has put too much focus on hitters. We need grit. And to me, that means, a guy that can finish his check and score a damn goal.

Garrison - ______

Hamhuis - Bieksa

____ - Tanev

Garrison's booming shot can do what Salo did for our PP. He needs a defensively responsible partner. Edler's offence is sporadic and his D is often laughable. Right now he would get a great return. Ballard's contract won't fetch us much - but if we aren't going to play him, why keep him?

I think out of Booth, Ballard, Edler and Luongo we can get two top-9 forwards, a top 4 D, a depth D, prospects and picks. With how shallow our prospect pool is I would not be surprised to see players let go for only those.

I would say fire MG and give AV another year. Our team had holes and the Luongo trade would have helped that. We gave up our top D prospect for Roy the loaner - who thinks he is a better player than he is. I know our late draft picks are a factor but it seems like anytime somebody shines in the minors, we trade them. Not bitter about Hodgson. You can't change a guy's attitude. But if we put Kesler on the wing for Roy, we surely could have done it for Hodgson. Hell, Buffalo traded Pominville over him.

lol. in an 82 game season he would have had more points than last year or the one before. about the same as Booth only he is faster, younger and cheaper.

I didn't say keep him period. I said if it was a choice between him and Booth, I'd take him. I would rather get something for Booth than keep him and let Raymond go for nothing.

I really don't think any changes to the line-up will matter until the core is shown that the crap going on with the management of this team will not be tolerated any longer. There is clearly strife throughout the organization, and as crap trickles downhill, it inevitably effects the on-ice product.

I really don't think any changes to the line-up will matter until the core is shown that the crap going on with the management of this team will not be tolerated any longer. There is clearly strife throughout the organization, and as crap trickles downhill, it inevitably effects the on-ice product.

If there's a way, it is the Sedins who should go away, it's so obvious that they are past of their prime. Besides, their style of plays is efective only for regular season, but when it comes to playoff, their style of plays is not working. How many times now they proved that they are incapable to lead the team, much more to score big time goals. Hockey is not just by passing the puck, it's about putting the puck at the back of the net.

I want a line up with big tough mean SKILLED players. guys that show up and play with pride and can excel in playoff brutality

enough of this garbage. every year its the same.

too small, too perimeter, no heart. not willing to pay the price

be nice to trade the twins but i will assume they would never agree to a trade or even be asked.

Lindy Ruff Coach

Sedin-Sedin-Doan

Lucic-Kesler-Burrows

Torres-Mathias-Hansen

Boll-LaPierre-Kassian

Lain,Gaunce

Weber-Bieksa

Tanev-Garrison

Alberts- 6'5 monster

Corrado

something like this might make me interested in next season.

If there's a way, it is the Sedins who should go away, it's so obvious that they are past of their prime. Besides, their style of plays is efective only for regular season, but when it comes to playoff, their style of plays is not working. How many times now they proved that they are incapable to lead the team, much more to score big time goals. Hockey is not just by passing the puck, it's about putting the puck at the back of the net.

Archived