The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Official] Canucks coach talk. Keep all talk here.

MJDDawg

so your suggestion is to trade the entire team?

i would love to but our bone head GM has saddled everyone with terrible contracts no other team wants and handed out NTCs like it was candy on halloween. we are stuck with pretty much the same team for atlessed 1 more year... and this core that has been around for 7 years needs to learn a new system or play the same crap hockey either way it doesnt look good for next year.

i would love to but our bone head GM has saddled everyone with terrible contracts no other team wants and handed out NTCs like it was candy on halloween. we are stuck with pretty much the same team for atlessed 1 more year... and this core that has been around for 7 years needs to learn a new system or play the same crap hockey either way it doesnt look good for next year.

This team learned a new system 3 years ago and did quite well. They can learn a new one again.

Man. that dark cloud must just follow you everywhere you go. NTCs are just a way for a player to have some choice in where he is traded. In most cases, players waive their NTC if he can go to a viable team.

The only players on the team that I think would not waive are the Sedins (unless it was to Detroit). Like Sundin, they would simply play out their year and then head back to Sweden. They are not as money hungry as the usual NHL player. Lifestyle is more important to them.

People are also forgetting that Tippett was a power play coach in LA.

He is also a former player, and that can hopefully help him relate well with the players right off the bat.

People are also forgetting that Tippett was a power play coach in LA.

He is also a former player, and that can hopefully help him relate well with the players right off the bat.

I'm not sure they're forgetting anything. I think it's more the case of not knowing what they're talking about in the first place - and the Vancouver media certainly sets the standard in that respect.

now there's an understatement.

I'm not sure they're forgetting anything. I think it's more the case of not knowing what they're talking about in the first place - and the Vancouver media certainly sets the standard in that respect.

It can be very polarizing at times. At least with 1040 you get some interviews with who their critiquing lol!

Yesterday on TSN Jason Botchford said that Lindy Ruff and Dave Tippett would be "terrible" candidates for coach of the Canucks. He believes that a more "cerebral" and "smart" coach is what the Canucks need most to change the culture in the dressing room.

Meanwhile, Neil Smith and the panel said that a veteran voice like Tippett's or Ruff's would be best to lead a veteran core like what the Canucks have...so who knows.

Smyl as HC - with Malhotra, Luongo and Trevor Linden as assistants.

.... might as well put Lui to work since he is under contract.

if one more person suggests alumni im going to hurl.

Don't you think if Linden wanted to coach he would actually , be coaching somewhere instead biking and running gyms?

Its time... unfortunately coach V lost the players. After the brutal raping they suffered from Boston in 2011, they all curled up on the shower floor and are still there... its time to get someone else in there to revive them, slap em around and get them determined again. since the 2010/11 season they have lost heart, dertmination and focus, only a tough-as-nails hard-ass coach will be able to get them back to life.....

Yesterday on TSN Jason Botchford said that Lindy Ruff and Dave Tippett would be "terrible" candidates for coach of the Canucks. He believes that a more "cerebral" and "smart" coach is what the Canucks need most to change the culture in the dressing room.

Meanwhile, Neil Smith and the panel said that a veteran voice like Tippett's or Ruff's would be best to lead a veteran core like what the Canucks have...so who knows.

Yes I also saw it, and found that Jason Botchford of more of a clown then I thought. I wouldn't take him too seriously. most coaches in the NHl are analytical . Tippett wouldn't be a bad option. It just gives him something to write about when Tippet doesn't work out in Vancouver he will then say, " 3 years ago I said he wasn't a good idea for Vancouver, see I'm right" type of b.s

If "smart" and "cerebral" are the kind of coaching Botchford and Gallagher want, they should stop offering their coaching advice, not than anyone's really listening.

Botchford is one of those guys whose form never fails to trump his content.

We all know that TSN loves to troll the Canucks - imo the fact they prop up Botchford as some kind of spokesperson for the market only confirms the fact.

Archived