The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] AV Top Candidate for Rangers New Coach

Brian Burke was entertaining too, doesn't mean I want him back. Would you trade for Bryz just because he's entertaining?

It's pretty obvious he's one of the guys they'll interview since that's been reported otherwise, but the way the OP's post reads is that MacKenzie's tweet is evidence AV is a top choice alone. Just making a point that their mindset could well have changed in the last 10 years, as well as their personnel so that they'd be suited to a different coach.

Just a question since i don't watch Rangers hockey..

But was Richards really that terrible? Looking at his stats, he didn't have a bad season at all. I mean, 34 points in 48 games? That looks pretty solid to me. I mean the 1 point in 10 playoff game looks kinda bad, but Toews is having a pretty crappy playoffs too..

I never watch the Rangers so i have no idea but on paper it doesn't look like he performed that badly

AV would definately get the forward stars going, but those defencemen will not cope with his offensive style. Girardi, McDonaugh and Staal do score quite a bit, but they never jump up and pinch as much as the Canucks defencemen, and are far more used to hanging back and blocking shots. AV's style will expose Lundqvist badly, so watch out. They will be a much more exciting team to watch though

Sorry, you got AV dead wrong, he was always a defense first coach,it was MG who wanted the up tempo game and had AV change his style. Wish you'd get something right once in awhile instead of spouting your Aussie drivel.

Just a question since i don't watch Rangers hockey..

But was Richards really that terrible? Looking at his stats, he didn't have a bad season at all. I mean, 34 points in 48 games? That looks pretty solid to me. I mean the 1 point in 10 playoff game looks kinda bad, but Toews is having a pretty crappy playoffs too..

I never watch the Rangers so i have no idea but on paper it doesn't look like he performed that badly

Archived