The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Say something positive challenge (read before posting)

TimberWolf

Sometimes the refs are fair. :lol:

Ok, but seriously...

We got more wins this season than 18 other teams.

Only 5 teams had fewer loses than we had.

Our SA/G actually dropped by 1.9 this year over last year.

Hank became the all time points leader for the franchise this year...and continues to set the bar higher with every point.

We've been lucky enough as fans over the past 4 years or so to be treated to some absolutely beautiful, skillful hockey. Watching the Sedins do things I've never seen other players even think of attempting has made my jaw drop more times than I can count.

We've been lucky enough as fans over the past 4 years or so to be treated to some absolutely beautiful, skillful hockey. Watching the Sedins do things I've never seen other players even think of attempting has made my jaw drop more times than I can count.

We're so lucky AV is gone. That's positive looking forward, not backward.

A new coach getting the best out of the present Vancouver Canucks.

I think that's the potential we all see after watching this team for the past several years. This is the last chance for this group under a new coach.

I have a feeling that next year will be a better year. A new coach with a new outlook and some youth coming into the lineup will be a huge positive. Alain Vigneault was never going to be the coach to win the cup, even though we were within a game. A new coach? A new outlook. Very positive!

I have a feeling bringing in more youth will make the veterans up their game, consistency wise. All this recent bad luck has to have solidfied the resolve of this core somewhat. It has to make them hungrier and much more willing to do what it takes. Another positive

I've watched the Canucks and been a fan since the late 70's. Unbelievable as it may seem to some of the fans out there, we are living in the golden years of this franchise. Will we win a cup anytime soon, who knows? Keep in mind though that this franchise took 30 something years to win its first presidents trophy, have a player lead the league in points, and have a goalie lead (actually tie) for the league lead in wins. Not to mention various other accomplishments I'm sure I have forgotten to mention. I will take this last decade of being a Canucks fan over any of the previous three, no question! Oh, and we are definitely not the only franchise out there that hasn't won the cup in over 40 years. It is obviously not that easy.

I do think however, that taking all the whining out of CDC would make this place less interesting and less fun. It's why half of us here check these boards I'm sure. Plus, it gives an old man like me a place to shake my fist and scream "you kids don't know how good you have it".

To say something positive, I'm very pleased that AV is gone. He was holding the team back and.I see a brighter future ahead without him. Kudo's to Gillis for doing that. Also, Gillis made some great additions to the team in 2010, with Malhotra, Ehrhoff and Torres. They were a huge boost for the team and key in making the Canucks into contenders that year. So I feel that Gillis might have the potential to do that again - add the right components to make the Canucks a legitimate contender again. He's made some trades and signings that have flopped, and he didn't do enough to build the team for the past two seasons, but the pressure is really on him now to make up for those disappointments and I believe he has learned from those failures and has it in him to turn things around and get the team back to the competitive level where it needs to be.

Archived