The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Should have asked him how he figured he was worth a big money, long term deal with a grand total of 90 games under his belt and 6 career goals.

That is interesting eh?

I see he makes 1.5m this year, 2.7m next, then 3.7 and finally 4.5m in year four of the deal. The cap hit to the Sens is 3.1m overall, which is okay for a top 4 shut down D, i guess...but as you point out: do we even know if he is going to be able to put up 22+minutes a night 82 games a year yet? hahaha...i guess Ottawa had cap space to spare. No offense to anyone who owns him in the GML. I will put this in spoilers to make sure you all know I am just talking NHL talk..not our game.

Cowen has top-2 potential, $3.1M is basically a higher end ELC. His take home pay isn't that high until the last two years which is more important to the Sens with their internal cap. May be a tad high but meh, he's a solid 2nd pair d-man already.

It really seems that the Blues wont start the Season with Sean Bergenheim.

He is still not 100% after a Groin Injury and a Abdominal Surgery and he´s not participating at the Pre-Season Games.

Well in this case we are not worried because we have some Depth on the Forward Section and may the one or other Prospect

could make the Roster untill Sean Returns.

We hope he will be back untill November or December though....there is no Timeline yet.

Signing:

The St. Louis Blues have signed Pierre Cedric Labrie to a one year 630k contract.

Go%20Green%20Get%20Green%20Logo_rgb.jpg

The Blues are happy to Welcome Pierre Cedric to our Organisation.

He´s another important Piece and Depth addition to our Team.

There will be a huge competition for a spot on the Bottom lines and if a couple of Players work out...the Blues probably

move 2 or 3 Players in a package.

Blues Roster Update

Morrow - Weiss - Hodgson

Erat - Legwand - Horcoff

Spaling - Goc - Galiardi

Labrie - Vitale - O´Brien

Crabb - Bergenheim*

Gorges - Ehrhoff

Schultz - Erskine

Gryba - Tallinder

Sulzer

Mason

MacDonald

Greenville

Bournival - Sgarbossa - Raffl

Halmo - Powe - Archibald

Selleck - Jooris - Abbott

Culek - Sundher - Lucia

Borowiecki - Gelinas

Jarvinen - Prout*

Konan - Fournier

Abeltshauser - Laleggia

Svedberg

Perhonen

MSG NEWS:

Preseason edition:

The battle is heating up on the blue line as camp invitees all realize Sheldon Souray's injury has opened up a roster spot for at least half a season. "Bortuzzo, Sieloff, Larsen, Bartkowski, Murphy, Moore, they all want that spot, and the competition is good, and good spirited. It is a bit early to say yet, but clearly Patrick (Sieloff) and Connor (Murphy) would have to really stand out to have a shot at beating the others, simply due to their age..the hard part as a GM is they are starting to really assert themselves and push to stand out. It is a problem I would welcome in every preseason camp, haha, Good news is I have a few weeks to evaluate them left before any hard decisions must be made." ~ GM Primal Optimist early Thursday Morning, ahead of what is expected to be a day of cuts at the forward lines.

Yesterday Andrew Johnston was assigned to the Connecticut Whale of the Minor League Affiliate League.

Philadelphia Andrew Johnston Assigned to Adirondack (AHL)

Some of our "Youngsters" survived the first cuts...and well... some not.

Defenders Matt Konan and Konrad Abeltshauser and also unsigned Prospect Logan Nelson didnt made it and and got assigned to the AHL /Juniors. Good luck for them from now ..may we´ll see them back in a later Period of the Season..you´ll never know.

Forwards Michael Raffl, Michael Bournival, Eric Gelinas and Josh Jooris are still in the Camp though.

Those late signings have impressed so far and they could make the Roster ...if not yet...probably later in the Season.

Same counts for Pierre Cedric Labrie, Darroll Powe and also Jim O´Brien....they are not save yet..but also not done.

Archived