The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

The Rangers seek a strong bounce back tonight as we send a half dozen men out to push us back into number one. leading that charge is Joe Thornton, who along with Jake Muzzin, Jiri Hudler, Mikael Backlund, dman Robert Bortuzzo and tough guy Patrick Bordeleau should handily close the nine point gap against the Bruins and new league leader the San Jose Sharks. I wanted to congratulate ThatMike on taking a turn at the top of the league.

Washington Capitals News and Notes

Forwards:

* Evander Kane has clearly elevated his all around play thus far this season and is earning himself minutes in all game situations.

* Jakob Silfverberg, Kyle Turris, and Brad Boyes are showing lots of chemistry on the Capitals second line.

* Undrafted 2012 free agent signing Rob Klinkhammer has continued to excel every time the organization has given him an opportunity earning himself a call-up from the AHL down the stretch last season and then earning himself the fourth line centre job out of training camp this season. The 27 year old has been the most productive player in the Capitals bottom 6 forward group this season and will now receive his opportunity with increased minutes on the 3rd line.

Defence:

* Tobias Enstrom is once again proving that when healthy, he is amongst the most offensively productive defensemen in the entire NHL.

* Coach Bruce Boudreau would like to see more production out of all his defensemen outside of the top pairing; notably Sergei Gonchar, Kyle Quincey and Mark Fayne who are a few of the teams veteran players and are all held to high standards by the Capitals coaching staff.

Goaltending:

* Devan Dubnyk finally earned his first win of the season. Dubnyk is entering his first full season as the Capitals starting goaltender and rumours are swirling that the coaching staff is unhappy with his play thus far this season. When asked about the expectations he has of Dubnyk, Boudreau responded: "It's obviously a big year for Duby. He has continued to work hard and improve every season and has earned himself this opportunity. With that being said, Devan is now a grown man and is no longer being sheltered by Miikka. He needs to perform every game like he did last game if we are going to be a top team in this league".

Current Washington Capitals Lineup:

Evander Kane - Pavel Datsyuk - Patrik Elias

Jakob SIlfverberg - Kyle Turris - Brad Boyes

Rob Klinkhammer - Andrew Cogliano - Zack Kassian

Rene Bourque - Jacob Josefson - Richard Panik

Justin Fontaine - Jordin Tootoo

Keith Yandle - Tobias Enstrom

Sergei Gonchar - Kyle Quincey

Ryan Ellis - Mark Fayne

Nick Holden

Devan Dubnyk

Thomas Greiss

but you have been Caboose on CDC for a long time now, right? I love your posts in canucks talk, and love disagreeing with some just as much! haha. (if your the caboose I am thinking of, and I am sure you are.)

Sounds like me

I have people calling for my head consistently in CT so I don't venture there much anymore.

Archived