The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDCGML 2013-14

canuck2xtreme

Report: The Pittsburgh Penguins intend to be very busy up until the deadline tomorrow. Looking for playoff bound players. Assets that are open for discussion for the right players include:

Ryan Nugent Hopkins

Filip Forsberg

Hunter Shinkaruk

John Moore

Mark Barberio

Nate Schmidt

Vincent Trocheck

Matt Hackett

Brian Boyle

Brian Flynn

Colten Orr

Ben Street

Matt Kassian

Jay Beagle

Will Acton

Going into tomorrows deadline, the Minnesota Wild have placed the following players on the trading block:

C Frans Nielsen

W Curtis Glencross

G Martin Jones

D Tomas Hickey

W Michael Grabner

D Matt Carkner

POTENTIALLY all prospects.

Looking for playoff bound guys only, don't have any particular needs outside of a goalie so all offers will be considered.

Very glad Luongo got what he wanted.

Canucks org looks like a bit of a joke, trading Schneider and now Luongo.

Primal Optimist seems to have a steal in Lack however.

CDC will crash if Kesler and/or Edler are traded tomorrow. The boards are taking way too long to load for me...

Today has not been a good day for Anaheim. I'm glad that Luongo is now a Panther, looking forward to his return to Rogers.

Our dear Australian friend has asked for opinions about Luongo's newest walkabout. For me, I think it had to happen. MG was right not to sell him for nothing, and that is why it took so long. I suspect things we won't know until 20 years later are that Lu likely said no to a few different destinations over the last while..and perhaps the penalty for saying no was missing the classic? just suggesting it is possible.

So in the end, the end we all knew was coming eventually occured, and so I am not shocked, and I think it was if anything overdue. There was no way Lu was a Canuck for the rest of that long contract.

Do I blame GM MG? NO. The rules changed AFTER he signed Lu to the contract, and that is not very cool on the part of the league, but it is what it is, and after the rules changed, the Canucks GM negotiated his way into a standing rebuild without announcing it and foreshadowing it to the fans and media, got great value for Schneids and in light of the lu contract POST changes to the rules...fair value for LU and his contract.

So in the end I am sad to see Lu go, but I am not angry at anyone about it. Depending on how tomorrow goes, we might see the only team rebuilt without missing a postseason. That would be OMG AMAZING.

NY has bolstered its bottom six considerably, with a deal yet to be announced from the other day and an 8 asset deal just reached.

The Rangers sent a pick and three players one way and received 4 back. Until the league confirms the deal, all I can really comment on is that we are moving from an 8 D and 13 Forward configuration to a 7 and 14 for the playoffs.

I am still open to a bigger deal, but this years picks are not an option at the moment.

Rumours however put a first round 2015 pick and matt stajan on the block, at press time though, I am not confirming or denying (* damn its tough to be the press and the GM of a team....lol )

Might as well follow suit, following players are available:

Matt Moulson

Mike Cammalleri

Colin Greening

Damian Brunner

Stephane Robidas

Brett Bulmer

Taylor Fedun

Looking for picks, or in the 'higher' end players on the list, looking for a replacement player and pick.

I will be around for another hour or so through PM, and then almost all day tomorrow. so expect quick responses.

since most of our important playoff players have ntc´s ...i see no options for any deals

mason will stay in st.louis...raffl , gelinas and bournival are hopefull youngsters

atkinson just moved to st.louis and will also stay

thats leaves possibly playoff players like fiddler, mitchell (expiring contracts) and john erskine (2014/15)

if there are any interests in those players contact me. we are looking for 3rd round picks

Callup: The Philadelphia Flyers call up D Kevin Connauton, pending the LTIR placement of F Henrik Zetterberg.

Revised Philadelphia Flyers lines:

Jordan Eberle - Mikko Koivu - Jakub Voracek

Martin Erat - David Desharnais - Ales Hemsky

Taylor Pyatt - Max Lapierre - Patrick Dwyer

Chris Vandevelde - Shawn Horcoff - Colin McDonald

Radek Dvorak

Dennis Wideman - Nicklas Grossman

Andrew Ference - Jordie Benn

John-Michael Liles - Nick Holden

Jean-Philippe Cote - Kevin Connauton

Ondrej Pavelec

Kevin Poulin