The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Corey Schneider is in play

It would depend on the return. I am always of the mind that if it improves your team then you can move anyone.

That said, if it's just to clear up the drama and all we can get are some other teams dregs anyways, then I would keep Cory.

i'd package shroeder schneider and a 2nd for any one of their big 4 + the 7th overall. and then package the 7th and our pick for one of the top 4 picks.. regardless jones mackinnon or drouin. those 3 are NHL ready and along with one of the big 4.. it'll plug some serious holes in the top 6 and fixes our scoring woes.. mid round pick usually don't turn out for us anyways.. so 2 for 1 i'd still do it.

Gillis better do this deal if Edmonton is serious about giving us their 7th overall. Seriously, how can you not do this when we still have Luongo? If we also want one of their top 4 we will have to give them more though. Schneider alone won't get us both.

Tsn panel saying Edmonton willing to pay the package for Schneider... Deal is near "imminent" luongo could still go as well..my guess:

Paarjavi, #7 pick (nickhushin/lindholm), Belanger for Schneider and an ahl prospect

Could see fleury or miller coming to Vancouver if both goalies are traded

Lets make a blockbuster then

Edler Schneider for 7th eberle

7th and 24th for fla 2nd and draft jones

Sedins - kassian

Burrows - kesler - eberle

Booth - Schroeder - Hansen

Sestito - lapierre - Higgins

Hamhuis - bieksa

Ballard - garrison

Tanev - jones

Lu

Lack

Gillis better do this deal if Edmonton is serious about giving us their 7th overall. Seriously, how can you not do this when we still have Luongo? If we also want one of their top 4 we will have to give them more though. Schneider alone won't get us both.

Tomorrow will be either awesome heart throbbing intense day like Burke trading up for the Sedins x10

Or the most devastating disappointing and confusing day like the CoHo trade x7668687

There will be no I between

I am gambling on deep and painful confusion. With heavy disbelief.

Gillis would be dumb to not take this deal if:

a. they are offering the 7th overall and a highend young player ala Gagnier, or

b. We are getting one of Eberle, Hall, or RNH.

I've never been a fan of trading Schneider. But the time has come. And this trade will make us a lot better than trading Lu.

Archived