The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Corey Schneider is in play

I love Russian Players and if Gillis could get Yakupov out of EDM and get the pick that takes Valeri, and keeps our 24th pick that has Zykov fall to us..

Having Zykov, Yakupov and Nichuskin, I dont beleve goal scoring would ever be an issue for us, Just saying, in my russian dream world!

Sedin-Sedin-Zykov/Kesler

Zykov-Nichuskin/Kesler-Yakupov

Jensen-Gaunce-Kassian

We give Schneider to Edmonton and that pretty much gives them a decade of contending for the Cup. We would be building a newer, better Boston.

It doesn't matter what Vancouver gets back, we shouldn't do this deal. Trading within the division is alright if you're Colorado and Calgary and have nowhere to go but up, but if you're ontop of the NW division perch and you trade a future Vezina winner to a team that only needs solid goaltending, you deserve to lose.

MG would be wise to cancel all communication with Edmonton. They've got one of the best top-6 forward groups in the NHL, they've got some stars on the blueline and will gain some solid defence through free agency. All they need is goaltending, and if we give them that we're practically handing Edmonton the Cup.

We give Schneider to Edmonton and that pretty much gives them a decade of contending for the Cup. We would be building a newer, better Boston.

It doesn't matter what Vancouver gets back, we shouldn't do this deal. Trading within the division is alright if you're Colorado and Calgary and have nowhere to go but up, but if you're ontop of the NW division perch and you trade a future Vezina winner to a team that only needs solid goaltending, you deserve to lose.

MG would be wise to cancel all communication with Edmonton. They've got one of the best top-6 forward groups in the NHL, they've got some stars on the blueline and will gain some solid defence through free agency. All they need is goaltending, and if we give them that we're practically handing Edmonton the Cup.

I'm hoping that the deal of a nuck goalie goes down today. Though I doubt it will bring in a past #1 from edm... I just hope that it brings in some canadian player(s).

I'm a fan of Gillis, But he needs to increase the cdn content. I do believe that he has had a great run here, of course there have been poor desisions at times.

But, I'm also a Nonis fan aswell and was dissappointed origanally when he was let go for Gillis. We forget that Fabian Brunstrum was going to be the nuck savior prior to Nonis being fired.(yikes) Also, that Cooke for Pettinger was a bueaty too. I trulely beleive the canucks would not have made the SCF under nonis. He was too nice during his first GM stint with the Nuck, it took him a long time to get where he is now, so confident in appearance... he will do good w/Leafs.

Be happy we got a GM that has made more good decsions that bad... Sakic started by trading for a 34 yrs old Tanguay/Sarich for Jones/Obrien both under 28 with grit. Yzerman got nothing, zero!! for Lecavalier,

Archived