The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

If we were to rate his performance objectively then it falls under the mbad category.

Hes a weak kid, lost every board battle tonight it seemed. He's definitely not improving his stock for wjc.

Not surprised why he was on the bench during final minute

I only watched 20 minutes of the game, but in that time I saw Shink win at least 3 board battles and the commentators made a note of it.

Just because you state "If I were to rate his performance objectively" doesn't mean that you are suddenly objective, nor does it mislead people into mistaking you as such. You're just a troll.

Shinkaruk's best work tonight was around the boards. However, I wasn't that impressed with his offensive play. He was trying to play too close to the front of the net and was getting out-muscled. He needs to find that soft spot that Kane/Stamkos seem to always find.

I only watched 20 minutes of the game, but in that time I saw Shink win at least 3 board battles and the commentators made a note of it.

Just because you state "If I were to rate his performance objectively" doesn't mean that you are suddenly objective, nor does it mislead people into mistaking you as such. You're just a troll.

Shinkaruk's best work tonight was around the boards. However, I wasn't that impressed with his offensive play. He was trying to play too close to the front of the net and was getting out-muscled. He needs to find that soft spot that Kane/Stamkos seem to always find.

Yea his board play was bad, you might be mixing up effort with successful execution. The best quality Shinkaruk has is his competitiveness but at the same time the kid is still pinner and that doesn't allow his drive to beat out strength.

I think we can both agree that his chances of making WJ team are fading by the day. He needs a a strong game tonight or it's most likely the final nail in the coffin. Too bad he's not as awessome as Bo Horvat

I highly doubt WJ's will make or break his career. It be nice if he did but its not a big deal. As long as he is a good NHL player thats what matters.

If you didn't know players still have camp not to far from now, so he still has a shot at this even if he isn't stellar tonight.

Really what matters to me, is Shinkaruk plays well this season and refine a few things he needs to work on and see him compete for a spot next season with our club.

Archived