The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts going to Florida to speak with Luongo

Line up and get on your knees.

Mad respect to torts though for doing this... it wasn't his fault at all.

Same cant be said about MG and FA ... classless pigs. Oh hai Raymond... hows Cory ddoing as our #1?

I honestly think he's done here. People say that because he gets paid and is an adult he'll stay... But the way he's been treated over the past year is embarrassing to the organization and I can't blame him if he wants no part of it

Nah it will be fine.

Lou probably will respect this and having the coach come and pump you back up, get you re-focused to say, 'hey lou, get your head straight, this is your team, we're going for it, and you better be ready to lead us to a cup" will get his competitive fire going again.

Its been an ego bruise for Lou, but Torts is new blood, and him standing behind Lou and he can easily play the card of "I was involved in ensuring you stayed" may go a long way to letting that bruise heal and get Lou to start re-focusing.

The guy is getting paid alot of money to play, he will play...the key is to ensure his focus is where it should be and that's all they are doing.

Torts isn't going there to beg for Lou to come back. Torts is going there to meet the former captain and current cornerstone of his new team. Torts has already had the chance to meet with Kes and others at the presser.

There is no question that Lou will be here ready, willing and prepared to dominate come training camp.

I don't know where this "begging" and smoothing over nonsense is coming from.

GMMG, Aqualini and Torts have just been meeting with Lou to get everyone back on the same page and share their feelings about the new direction/coach the team has going into next season.

Nothing more.

Line up and get on your knees.

Mad respect to torts though for doing this... it wasn't his fault at all.

Same cant be said about MG and FA ... classless pigs. Oh hai Raymond... hows Cory ddoing as our #1?

Archived