The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Torts going to Florida to speak with Luongo

He was promised out and he wants out.

He has tons of dough to do whatever that takes if he has made up his mind.

Contracts are made to be broken. Who cares?

It is up to Luo.Would you go back to your old job when you have been led along by your employer for 15 months?

I certainly would not if I had $50 million and a pizza parlour in Florida.

Guest Pinchin

I like that you try to stay positive but considering Lu has decided to not participate in any interviews or even let the fans know how excited he is to be our starter next season via twitter, clearly shows something is bothering him. I'm not going to say character flaw this and that, that's Noheart's job :P . I ask: what about his wife, his family? His friends? Everyone in his life (business related as well) who believed he was going to be traded? This has implications for more than Lu himself, and the organization put him and everyone with him in the jackpot. Van is not sending reps to Florida to hold a team meeting, they are going there to beg forgiveness.

Guest Pinchin

It is up to Luo.Would you go back to your old job when you have been led along by your employer for 15 months?

Guest Pinchin

Yes, because it takes THREE people to get Luongo on the same page as everyone else.

It's over guys, Luongo has started loving his life minus the Canucks

At least that's your take on it.  It could be that Lu is still in shock on how this all went down and wants to take time to soak it in.  I wouldn't want to jump into the media frey either.  No one is going to beg him for anything and any suggestion he won't be here and ready to play is poorly thought out.  Lu makes millions to play hockey, he is under conract so like, love, hate or indifference, Lu is a Canuck and will be here at the start of the season.

Gee, funny that your franchise goaltender was expendable. Funny that your franchise goaltender only got a draft pick. No other team would offer more, inside or outside of the draft? And funny that your franchise goaltender is going to back up a 41 yr old goaltender next season. Yeah, he must be laughing right now.

Guest Pinchin

Your take is no different than my take. I didn't say Lu won't be back, I said he isn't happy. Call it shock or whatever, he needs time and possibly convincing to get over it (family issues et al). I agree that he will be back, it is the Canuck's job though to see he comes back a happy camper. All I'm saying is that Canuck reps are not there to hold team meetings, that's all.

Archived