The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Facebook Rant: You can get Suspended for sending too many Friend Requests

J529

Recently, I decided to give it a try.

As I found out, if you sent too many friend requests that is apparently a no no and deemed infraction resulting in a 7 day ban for sending friend requests and messages. It's a very common problem that happens alot. Pretty stupid when FB is promoting to contact people you know. FB views this as spam. I've also come to find out if you make too many wall postings that's a suspensable offense, as well.

Another thing that annoys me is that I wasn't even aware there was even a limit of how many friend requests you can send. Not to mention that some of the people I attempted to friend didn't accept it, even after messaging them. There really should be option/feature if someone declines your friendship request.

It's probably to prevent people who make fake accounts and add you. I've had a few times where lots of my friends are added by some good looking chick with one picture, I get added too but dont know them so I dont accept. Then the persons account will mysteriously just dissapear in the next couple weeks...

If your account is temporarily blocked from sending friend requests, it may be because friend requests you’ve sent have gone unanswered or been marked as unwelcome.
In the future, you should send friend requests to people you have a real-life connection to
, like your friends, family, coworkers, or classmates. Make sure to use your
to help the people you're messaging recognize you.

If you're interested in receiving updates from people you find interesting, but don't know personally (ex: journalists, celebrities, political figures), try
them instead of sending them friend requests.

To learn more about our policies, please review our

https://www.facebook.com/help/101344836677357/' rel="external nofollow">

Is that why?

If your account is temporarily blocked from sending friend requests, it may be because friend requests you’ve sent have gone unanswered or been marked as unwelcome.
In the future, you should send friend requests to people you have a real-life connection to
, like your friends, family, coworkers, or classmates. Make sure to use your
to help the people you're messaging recognize you.

If you're interested in receiving updates from people you find interesting, but don't know personally (ex: journalists, celebrities, political figures), try
them instead of sending them friend requests.

To learn more about our policies, please review our

https://www.facebook.com/help/101344836677357/' rel="external nofollow">

Is that why?

Archived