The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins versus Hossa/Gaborik

seeteesee

Back in 2009 there was tons of speculation Gillis was going to change the face of the franchise. Rumors had it that gillis was going to let the Sedins walk and sign both Hossa and Gaborik. They would be joining fellow countryman, the late Pavol Demitra.

Now we all know we signed the Sedins instead. We also know the Sedins went and played elite superstar level hockey. Winning art Ross trophies consecutively. Meanwhile Gaborik continued his usual output, but avoiding injuries moreso. And Hossa went on to win 2 cups.

If you could change history. Sign Hossa and Gaborik. And let the Sedins walk. Would you?

(this thread is made in the assumption both Hossa and Gaborik were 100% committed to signing here :) )

Since 2009

Playoff stats

H. Sedin 46gp 44 points

D. Sedin 43gp 39 points

M.Hossa 54gp 37 points

M.Gaborik 25gp 13 points

Other than Hossa having 2 cups, the Sedins seem better on paper.

But the Stanley cup is the biggest trophy in hockey. To say it doesn't matter is pretty silly.

Since 2009

Playoff stats

H. Sedin 46gp 44 points

D. Sedin 43gp 39 points

M.Hossa 54gp 37 points

M.Gaborik 25gp 13 points

Other than Hossa having 2 cups, the Sedins seem better on paper.

But the Stanley cup is the biggest trophy in hockey. To say it doesn't matter is pretty silly.

Entirely depends on what you're looking for.

Henrik can win draws; that is an asset neither of the other two have.

He's also a far better passer than either Hossa or Gaborik;

Buts its definitely fun to fantasize about;

Hossa - Kesler - Gaborik

Burrows - Hodgson - Higgins

?

Very interesting. - Also VERY injury prone.

If we had Salo and Gaborik on the same team....I'd be curious to see who misses less games lol :picard:

Personally, I would stick with the twins though - that consistency is just too much to pass up!

I feel like Demitra would have been a force to reckon with. Remember his amazing 2010 Olympic stats? Considered by many the best player of the tourney. I believe he would have flourished playing between Gaborik and Hossa.

Gaborik - Demitra - Hossa

Samuelson - Kesler - Raymond

Hansen/Grabner.. - Wellwood - Burrows

Plug plug plug

I feel like Demitra would have been a force to reckon with. Remember his amazing 2010 Olympic stats? Considered by many the best player of the tourney. I believe he would have flourished playing between Gaborik and Hossa.

Gaborik - Demitra - Hossa

Samuelson - Kesler - Raymond

Hansen/Grabner.. - Wellwood - Burrows

Plug plug plug

Archived