The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sedins versus Hossa/Gaborik

seeteesee

It's been said. There was also a thread where forum members were asked if they would rather have the Sedins or Datsyuk/Zetterberg... the Sedins decisively won the poll.

What is this, I don't even.

Yes, I would take Hossa over Ovechkin (and I'm an Ovechkin fan despite his laziness). I'd take Hossa over Malkin, too. Right now Hossa is a better player than Stamkos but he's still young, he can still develop a more complete game.

I am so glad you are not our gm. You would take Hossa over Malkin, a Con Smythe winner who scored 36, THIRTY SIX points in his stanley cup winning season without Crosby??????

I don't even know where to begin to talk about this kind of insanity

all of hossa's success has come as a complementary player. playing behind crosby and malkin, datsyuk and zetterberg, and toews and kane. he was extremely lackluster when he was expected to be the premier player in atlanta, even with kovalchuk there as well, which is what you'd be asking of him in replacing the sedins.

that's why you keep the sedins. they have the jam required to be the faces of the franchise, taking all the accountability that comes with the praise. hossa seemingly does not.

i won't even mention gaborik because the guy isn't even in the same league.

to sum up, the canucks would have missed the playoffs every year had they made that hypothetical move.

all of hossa's success has come as a complementary player. playing behind crosby and malkin, datsyuk and zetterberg, and toews and kane. he was extremely lackluster when he was expected to be the premier player in atlanta, even with kovalchuk there as well, which is what you'd be asking of him in replacing the sedins.

Hossa. 2 Stanley Cups speak for itself.

I'm sorry, but is rather have players that show up when most needed. Not saying this entirely for Gaborik, but Hossa for sure.

Sedins have to start to man up and grind through games if they wanna come close to the cup. Not asking them to hit, just asking them to stop getting bullied by rats such as Bolland\Marchand.

Yes, I would take Hossa over Ovechkin (and I'm an Ovechkin fan despite his laziness). I'd take Hossa over Malkin, too. Right now Hossa is a better player than Stamkos but he's still young, he can still develop a more complete game.

Hossa won his cups because he played on a stacked roster, where he was the FOURTH best player on the depth chart.

The Sedins are expected to lead Vancouver to the Cup and they came within one game of doing just that. Unfortunately, they didn't have Toews, Kane, and Keith to help them do it.

Archived