The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Road Rage Thread

Lui's Knob

There is not enough bandwidth from my provider to tell you how many times I have actually gotten out of my car in Calgary. I have driven all over the world and I am blown away each and every time i get in the car and drive in the this town. Just the other night I am trying to get home before a massive hail storm one car on the road on a long stretch as I pass him the guy decides to speed up and drive behind me while turning his high beams on ?

I have a pretty fast car so i hammer the gas and create some distance. This dick speeed up and keeps high beaming me so I decide to smash the brakes with both feet. He blows past me and I start following him with my projector halogens on full blast with my high beams and regular beams on lol. We pulled up to a light and I stayed back a bout 5 meters pointing my lights at his side view like the po po does. Light turns green and the fool thinks he is going to out run me ? So I just toy with him for a few minutes just staying casually back messing with him. If the hail wasn't coming i would have let him think he got away and followed his ass to his house and then we would see how big a man he really was. This world has become pathetic. People need to start laying the beat down on losers and sending a message we will not be effed with !

Product of my environment dude. You have to drive super defensively to stay alive out there or you may get t boned as you cross through the green light in this town. Unless you live here you have no idea how insane these drivers are. You have to actually drive 15-20 km faster just to stay away from these lunatics.

Product of my environment dude. You have to drive super defensively to stay alive out there or you may get t boned as you cross through the green light in this town. Unless you live here you have no idea how insane these drivers are. You have to actually drive 15-20 km faster just to stay away from these lunatics.

You sound super aggressive rather than defensive. I don't know where you live but judging by your story, there was multiple times where you could've just let it go instead of sinking to their level.

Sounds like its more about your ego than anything.

Anyways, I'm not here to preach but some of these stories here are pretty ridiculous. Thank God I don't live in Vancouver :lol:

I'm usually a nice guy though but yes I do engage in road rage. I'll still let people in, wave a driver to turn / ped to cross the road, not block the intersection to a popular side street when traffic is backed up on a major road, give someone a heads up if their signal/high beams is still on, tell them to turn their headlights on, etc.

Point is that engaging in road rage doesn't mean that the person is a bad driver. Being a goody two-shoes isn't realistic and a little bit of rage is okay. As long as you keep it to a limit it's fine.

Also, it would be pointless for me own a Porsche if I didn't use it properly. Same thing goes for owners of Evo, WRX, Civic Si, etc. :P

I'm usually a nice guy though but yes I do engage in road rage. I'll still let people in, wave a driver to turn / ped to cross the road, not block the intersection to a popular side street when traffic is backed up on a major road, give someone a heads up if their signal/high beams is still on, tell them to turn their headlights on, etc.

Point is that engaging in road rage doesn't mean that the person is a bad driver. Being a goody two-shoes isn't realistic and a little bit of rage is okay. As long as you keep it to a limit it's fine.

Also, it would be pointless for me own a Porsche if I didn't use it properly. Same thing goes for all the owners of Evo, WRX, Civic Si, etc. :P

I dont get how people are so impatient and can get so angry on the road like some of you guys. I get annoyed occasionally when someone is driving slow in the left lane or isnt paying attention but to get to the point of getting out of your car and getting in a verbal warfare? How mature....

I don't understand the logic of tail gaiting an individual that pissed you off either? You are putting both your well beings at risk and will be at fault of the person slams his breaks. What good will that cause?

I dont get how people are so impatient and can get so angry on the road like some of you guys. I get annoyed occasionally when someone is driving slow in the left lane or isnt paying attention but to get to the point of getting out of your car and getting in a verbal warfare? How mature....

I don't understand the logic of tail gaiting an individual that pissed you off either?  You are putting both your well beings at risk and will be at fault of the person slams his breaks. What good will that cause?

I am a total road rager...just happens when you live here and you see so much stupidity on the road. The one I hate the most...the 3 lane "woops, need to be over there" (2 lanes over to turn), where a driver abruptly cuts across multiple lanes of traffic because they can't miss their turn. They're going to the mall, dammit...one that, apparently, only has one entrance point?

People who do this need to learn that it's ok to miss it...chances are, your steering wheel actually can perform amazing moves that will allow you to turn and go back (safely) rather than endangering everyone around you with cirque du soleil driving. Yes, it'll take up to 7 minutes to do so but those ugly shoes'll still be on sale (hint: no one wants them but you).

The thing that is disturbing about this thread is acting out upon your rage. Throwing cans of coke can kill someone, as a driver could lose control in this situation. What if there's a baby in the car and you nail it? Not cool. Someone acted out upon their road rage at me once...landed his butt in court as a result. You just can't take it to that level. (We accidentally cut in front of him merging after going through the border...he raged us out the entire way along the highway until he cut in front of us and hit the brakes...we hit him, of course).

I am the worst one for road raging, but here's how I do it...to myself, under my breath. I call people names that are really quite ridiculous (whatever happens to come into my head at the time, I've turned it into a little game and it's become a happy time vs something that'll give me an ulcer). The more shocking, the better as I win without having to harm others. It's like the deal where you are shown a picture of an object, then blurt out the first thing that comes to mind. That bad driver is that object on the card for me. I vent it and it's so ridiculously stupid at times, but it distracts me long enough not to have to throw flares at people through my sunroof.

The minute you do outwardly direct your rage at others, it's an assault of some sort, whether verbal or something more serious. Take a minute to watch Louis CK's take (adult content) on driving...puts it all into perspective. (When my son directed me to that video and said "Mom, that's you", I realized I probably should tone it down a little)

"I hope you DIE" lol

Life's too short.

Merging onto the Alex Fraser Bridge from Analwiff Island everyday will test your patience. My pet peeve is people who will not let you merge onto a MERGING LANE. Not the end of the world if someone wants to merge ahead of you.

Merging onto the Alex Fraser Bridge from Analwiff Island everyday will test your patience. My pet peeve is people who will not let you merge onto a MERGING LANE. Not the end of the world if someone wants to merge ahead of you.

SO true. Merging is a lost art it seems. The other one I hate....where people STOP with plenty of road ahead of them inwhich to merge from. It stops the entire flow of things....go right to the end and merge, don't try to cut in from the start (I'm mostly relating this to the Massey tunnel, heading south). Merging is easy...it's an concept that involves alternately taking turns. But this is a "mememe" society, so everyone wants their turn first and it turns into a free for all.

It works so much better if everyone does it correctly.

I don't really rage that much, I'm not a honker, either.

I'll just yell and swear a bit. I just hate when people don't let other people in, at LEAST do 1 for 1. You let 1 person in then you go, then the next does the same so it keeps some good flow.

I live in Comox and there is about 10 4 way stops here and people do not understand how right of way works. I am a pretty defensive driver because I usually have somebody with me so that keeps me out of trouble on the road.

There should be a skill testing question for people when they get their license because some are total idiots.

Archived