The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Article)Botchford:Luongo's level of happiness isn't what matters, it's whether or not he's motivated

naslund.is.king

I didn't see your first post, admittedly. I can appreciate your POV, and it's well articulated. But you weren't the target of my 'critique', as I was focusing on the actual 'hate'. (those tossing out the typical, flippant one sentence responses about punching, throwing rocks at Botch, etc.) That's what I find tiresome. It seems prejudicial.

Had I known you were going to dissect my tongue-in-cheek posting, I would have added some clauses and qualifiers. (should have anticipated, this is CDC).

I won't speak for anyone else, but a few of the reasons I dislike Botchford pieces: one-sentence paragraphs, rhetorical questions, insinuation of events without sources to back it up, and cringe-worthy metaphors ("he has more motivational tools lying around this city than there are blades of burnt grass.")

Basically, bad writing, but worse than that is it's the kind of bad writing that is simplified enough to get the masses riled up.

I won't speak for anyone else, but a few of the reasons I dislike Botchford pieces: one-sentence paragraphs, rhetorical questions, insinuation of events without sources to back it up, and cringe-worthy metaphors ("he has more motivational tools lying around this city than there are blades of burnt grass.")

Basically, bad writing, but worse than that is it's the kind of bad writing that is simplified enough to get the masses riled up.

I didn't see your first post, admittedly. I can appreciate your POV, and it's well articulated. But you weren't the target of my 'critique', as I was focusing on the actual 'hate'. (those tossing out the typical, flippant one sentence responses about punching, throwing rocks at Botch, etc.) That's what I find tiresome. It seems prejudicial.

Had I known you were going to dissect my tongue-in-cheek posting, I would have added some clauses and qualifiers. (should have anticipated, this is CDC).

Archived