The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

#1 Prospect poll (Canucks Army)

zombieksa

#1 Prospect  

55 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Really? Jensen has skill no doubt but he continues to show terrible inconsistency and didn't exactly dominate in the OHL, SEL, or AHL. Gaunce put up similar, if not slightly better offensive numbers, plays with more grit, and is an accomplished defensive player. Offensively I would say they have similar upside, Jensen's ceiling is a bit higher , but I think Gaunce is can't miss in terms of at least being a good bottom 6 player.

I had a hard time with this one. I picked Corrado, just because I've seen him come in late season and play a solid 20 minutes per night. He reminds me of Tanev but with a better shot and more grit.

I think jensen is going to be great but he needs a full year in AHL and Gaunce is the guy who will win the spot. As for Corrado he played really well last year and i think he is either ready or he needs a full year in the AHL too. Just how many spots are going to be up for grabs is still unknown untill then I am not predicting anything more.

We finally have some depth and a few exciting prospects.

Everyone expects a couple of prospects will get a long look and nobody will be shocked if one of them makes the big club, but it's not likely any of them stays up this year.

There are no can't miss rookies that would supplant the more experienced players they'd replace, nor would it be beneficial to their development to rush these kids with limited ice time.

Maybe Jensen and Corrado get injury call ups.

He was hot at the beginning of the year and was demoted to the bottom 6, part of it was political but I am sure it also had to do with his play as well. As 19 year olds - Forsberg 47 pts in 39 games, Naslund 39 pts in 39 games, Hornqvist 34 points in 49 games (23 goals). Daniel Sedin put up 42 points in 50 games as a 17 year old.

23 points in 50 games is hardly dominant, although 17 goals is pretty good. If Jensen pans out I think he will be a Hornqivst type player.

Archived