The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Mafia: The Game [Omertà]

Captain Aerosex

Ok let's air all this out then, I am at work so I may have to do this in increments.

First round - Gally is attacked by Mafia but saved by Lackey. I Doctor Saved Intoewsables cause I didn't have anyone else to go on and thought that he should at least survive the first round. SK kills TP, Vig hits Apples, We lynch obvious TP. My vote Abstains

Second Round - Lackey now knows who mafia is - regardless of Gally being Mafia or TP. I trusted Gally as did the Vig (By Gally's Own admission. Vig(Kiwis) Is Mafia Killed, SK kills MR who is MAFIA (and was the one leading the charge for the Specials to Contact Gally)

Well, disregard my last post. I thought Gally had way more votes than this.

Kryten (10) - Peaches, Intoewsables, Not A Fruit, Aladeen, VICanucksfan5551, Lemons, Alchemy Time, BurrDaMan, Snake Doctor, OurTimeToShine

Gally (1) - Reigning Champ

Snake Doctor (1) - MikeyBoy44

OurTimeToShine (1) - JE14

Not A Fruit (1) - Federer

What's the vote count at right now? The worst possible outcome would be to have this end in a tie between Gally and Kryten.

Let's decide on one to vote out and hopefully the SK decides to kill the other one. I say we vote out Kryten.

I asked if you wanted to make a group pm and someone told me they wanted to do it the next round so I waited. Did you even respond to me when I asked you? I waited until the next game and Kiwis happens to die and everyone goes apesh*t

@ Aladeen. While most folks would beg for them to be investigated I do not think it would be wise to waste one. I wouldn't mind scoping out snake doctor or even VIC instead. Go Faulk yourself trusted me through pm this game and I hope my comments throughout the game will help you trust me enough to let me be for now.

unvote snake doctor

Vote Kryten

The sheriff I had pms from people who claimed to be connected to the sheriff and they said the sheriff was going to investigate me and then he'd reveal himself. So I was going to make it after that. I haven't heard back from that person since.

First off, well-played mafia, you clearly have people turned inside out. For the TP, I would wish you good luck but no amount of good luck can save you, you will lose this game in horrible fashion (I added to the mess unfortunately with my PM stupidity).

The Sheriff pmed me telling me he/she investigated me and that I came back a TP. Kind of weird that a sheriff would contact me after a night where it was clear the lackey and mafia got together. Anyways, we spit-balled some ideas and suspicions but I was adamant that we should contact Gally because who the **** wouldn't considering what happened in the first round. If the mafia hit that hail mary all the power to them. The reticence by the Sheriff then and the pushback on the idea now is suspicious (keep track of the names at any rate, maybe you can take one of them with you).

The mafia has engrained themselves so deep into TP paranoia using MR as the tool that you can't see what's right in front of you. IF I WERE THE LACKEY CONTACTED BY THE SHERIFF, WHY IS THE SHERIFF STILL ALIVE AS OPPOSED TO THE VIG? WHO IS THE MORE IMPORTANT KILL TO THE MAFIA? My guess is that Gally trusted the wrong person and that got the Vig killed (or is that longshot previously discussed). I doubt it was Aladeen as his account with how he was treated was in line with my own experience although I was never invited to a PM convo, I was asking questions trying to determine if any other player out there was trying to pose as a sheriff. Not yet in the alliance myself, I was trying to find a way to get the Sheriff confirmed and introduced.

The pms you all have received hardly prove anything unless they have been doctored. I would like to see some of these posted in the thread so I can verify that for you. Oh and do please look at the time stamps on those pm's, the person I conversed with was online at the same time I was so any large time differences may indicate editing.

My recent conversation with this "Sheriff" has me not wanting to reveal his/her identity just yet. They need time to convince me that they aren't a mafia. If I am not satisfied I will reveal the identity and you all can deal with it.

If what Gally says above is true, there is more than one Sheriff making rounds, as stated by other posters: I was investigated first apparently and found clean, the second investigation was MR who was "blocked" - who else besides Gally could the Sheriff possibly trust? . Does that mean someone out there is being lied to? Hell yes.

Edit: My noobish idiocy with PMing has apparently outed me as the Watcher to Aladeen and thus the mafia since he posted it in the thread, so my defence is useless. I will still post it however in hopes someone can use it for good and maybe get some info from it (like say Lemons having foreknowledge that a special was going to kill him as a special really was because as Watcher I investigated Lemons and Kiwis indeed targeted him).

Your tale has been a lot more believable than Aladeen ad intoewsables. Truth be told there's a chance we have allowed intoewsables to live too long or maybe he's being played by Aladeen as well. I am still pretty certain one of two at least are mafia. This sheriff thing is making no sense the way they are explaining it. You should really get some clarity from your sheriff and quick.

unvote Kryten

Well Kryten Like I said, I am not completely sold on you being the Lackey or even Mafia, But because of my Error in contacting Gally and exposing myself to the Mafia, the only possible course correction is to Vote for you and pray you are at least Mafia if not the Lackey.

Gally is no doubt in my mind Mafia, and the chance of the Lackey blocking a mafia 1/3 is was better chance than the Mafia randomly targeting the Vig 1/15 ish.

I apologize so profusely if I am being played and you are not Mafia or the Lackey.

Archived