The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Canucks send Horvat back to major junior (London)

CanucksFanMike

Sending him and Shinkaruk and Gaunce down is absolutely for the best.

Again, one player stands out who everyone wanted brought up in his career, he got very publicly angry over it. But Burnaby Joe Sakic toughed out his 18th year in the juniors and how did his career turn out again?

I think for all of our 3 youngsters this si for the best.

Gaunce will have first crack next year and probably bounce between the club and Utica, Horvat and Shinkaruk will both probably do the same, except with Shinkaruk he'll be AHL eligible next October so he could in theory go from the club to Utica as well if he doesn't stick. Horvat I would like to see serious effort and time put into. Groom him carefully because he's the future captain on this team without question.

Development does not hurt players.

Lets see Nich do this against NHL caibre defencemen. In most of the highlights that I've seen he does that same power move over and over. That will get old, and noted by all NHL defencemen. He's gonna get knocked on his ass more times than not if he continues to use that same move all the time. I realize he is still young and very skilled, but will he be able to re-invent his game down the road, will his horrible defence and play away from the puck get better, and lastly will he even stay in the NHL for the life of his career??

Lets see Nich do this against NHL caibre defencemen. In most of the highlights that I've seen he does that same power move over and over. That will get old, and noted by all NHL defencemen. He's gonna get knocked on his ass more times than not if he continues to use that same move all the time. I realize he is still young and very skilled, but will he be able to re-invent his game down the road, will his horrible defence and play away from the puck get better, and lastly will he even stay in the NHL for the life of his career??

Arguing Horvat and Nich is arguing apples and oranges. One was selected for their complete, all-around game and intangible factors like leadership, dedication, etc. The other was selected for being a phenomenally skilled player and a guy to be a big offensive force.

I am responding to the poster saying Nichuskin is a bad defensive player.

Horvat is a good pick, but I take Nichuskin on a team that desperately needs a potential gamebreaker.

By the time Horvat makes an impact in the NHL, the Canucks are no longer contenders.

Sedin-Sedin-Kassian

Burrows-Kesler-Nichuskin

Higgins-Richardson-Hansen

Booth-Santorelli-Weise

Archived