The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Sign Dallas Eakins They Said

TheRussianRocket.

• 3 weeks later...

Bumping this baby. Torts implementing the award for best player of the game...a small thing that goes a long ways to make each player work a bit harder to get that prize and it ups the overall compete of the team.

On the other hand, you got a lost coach who's being called out by everyone from fans to media to players lol :lol:

The more I listen to Eakins post games, the happier I am that we hired Tortorella.

The guy just sounds like a dufus.

You were wanting Eakins... I don't know if you're saying you wanted Torts over Eakins but thats what it sounds like to me.

The more I listen to Eakins post games, the happier I am that we hired Tortorella.

The guy just sounds like a dufus.

Forget about sounds, he looks like one too! I honestly have no clue how he was considered the hottest coach available in the offseason. The guy is a slouch and had 0 nhl experience prior and coached the a Maple Leafs affiliate for crying out loud!

The coaching strategy he's implemented is clearly not working at all and the Oilers look worse than last year...sooo glad he never came anywhere close to signing here.

You were wanting Eakins... I don't know if you're saying you wanted Torts over Eakins but thats what it sounds like to me.

To be fair I wanted Eakins as an assistant with Ruff as the head coach.

I was against signing Tortorella, but my opinion of him has changed drastically.

To be honest I don't think Scotty Bowman could have stepped into Edmonton and turned them into winners in 10 games.

That kind of losing runs DEEP.

I could give a rat how Edmonton does this year - so I'll give Eakins the season before I pass judgement... even if he sounds like Mr Ed.

Archived