The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Vs Devils

TheMohammadman

i agree. Luongo bailed us out in the third. Could've easily been 5-2 or 4-2

Lol no point arguing with some people here.

All they see are stat lines.

Butbutbut... look at AV's record. He was a great coach

Look at Schneider's stats...

I like Schneider btw but

Anyone that saw the game yesterday who doesn't think Schneider blew that game or Lu won us that game should just stop watching hockey.

If Lu let in those goals like Schneids did, people would have him crucified

I like Schneider btw but

Anyone that saw the game yesterday who doesn't think Schneider blew that game or Lu won us that game should just stop watching hockey.

yeah, I'm a big CS fan and not a big fan of Lu, but RL outplayed him ;last night, and Schneids did not look good. That said, the numbers still bear out what most people know......CS is, at this point, a better goalie than Luongo. Sucks that he was traded to such a horrible team, he deserves better.

yeah, I'm a big CS fan and not a big fan of Lu, but RL outplayed him ;last night, and Schneids did not look good. That said, the numbers still bear out what most people know......CS is, at this point, a better goalie than Luongo. Sucks that he was traded to such a horrible team, he deserves better.

I am inclined to agree with you.

I'm not such a huge Lu fan like Apollo so I feel unbiased.

What I do know is, Lu has been treated unfairly in Van and his play has gone down compared to when he first arrived. He was invincible in his first season and the main reason we made the playoffs.

His play has come down however and has let in some bad goals when we needed him to make the big save. This could be due to all the slagging by the media, the huge microscope/pressure, etc.

Not sure how Cory would respond if placed in a similar situation to Lu so we wont know.

I like Schneider btw but

I like luongo, always have, I also liked Cory, and not once did I say cory played amazing last night or that he was the better goalie in the game last night. Unfortunately to some people (apollo) on this site they like to put Luongo on this pedestal and act like he is the greatest goalie of all time to grace us with his presence on the ice. And in order to do that he likes to put down other great players, Schneider, Brodeur, heck even some how wanted to make crosby's goal seem like little importance in 2010.

If Lu let those goals in (and he has many times before) by the Luongo lovers there would be some excuse on how it was someone else's fault. If cory was playing for us last night and cost us a game, i'd call him out too. Points are so important in this league. Every year the gap between 5th-11th gets closer and closer and teams end up missing the playoffs over 1 or 2 points. Just because a guy plays for the team I cheer for doesn't mean he's not acceptable to criticism and that I have to be a complete homer about him.

Regardless, it is a damn shame that we now have a better coach with an inferior team when we previously had a superior team with an inferior coach.

Trust me, I get it. For now I'm just glad we finally have the change in culture we've needed for years. I'm confident we'll get back there under Torts and have better results.

I got four points:

1. LUUUUU! He stole us those points. He was monstrous in the third!

2. Same old story with the refs. Come on, this is getting more and more pathetic every game.

3. Let's hope we can grind out at least a point tomorrow. It's gonna be ugly

4. And most importantly,

ITS PEANUT BUTTER JELLY TIME!!!!

Lu played well, but let's not kid ourselves, he stopped one shootout attempt and he didn't even know it, got clearly beaten on another and was saved by the post, then had the other shooter miss the net. If the opposition deles it is a guaranteed goal or post.

I like luongo, always have, I also liked Cory, and not once did I say cory played amazing last night or that he was the better goalie in the game last night. Unfortunately to some people (apollo) on this site they like to put Luongo on this pedestal and act like he is the greatest goalie of all time to grace us with his presence on the ice. And in order to do that he likes to put down other great players, Schneider, Brodeur, heck even some how wanted to make crosby's goal seem like little importance in 2010.

If Lu let those goals in (and he has many times before) by the Luongo lovers there would be some excuse on how it was someone else's fault. If cory was playing for us last night and cost us a game, i'd call him out too. Points are so important in this league. Every year the gap between 5th-11th gets closer and closer and teams end up missing the playoffs over 1 or 2 points. Just because a guy plays for the team I cheer for doesn't mean he's not acceptable to criticism and that I have to be a complete homer about him.

Crosby was average at best during that game. Luongo saved his ass.

Lu played well, but let's not kid ourselves, he stopped one shootout attempt and he didn't even know it, got clearly beaten on another and was saved by the post, then had the other shooter miss the net. If the opposition deles it is a guaranteed goal or post.

The save on Elias was actually a great recovery after getting opened up by the move and Lu had some serious focus after the puck was between his legs. That puck could have easily gone in if he hadn't hooked his leg.

Henrique hit the post but you could also argue that was all Lu gave him after he scrambled and forced Henrique to lift the puck across his own body while skating away from the net.

Meanwhile...The Canucks actually scored on a beauty move and won! :rolleyes:

Archived