The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

GDT- OCT 28 capitals vs canucks

Bring_Back_Bertuzzi

I'm not trying to make a goalie controversy of course that would happen because alot of people enjoy to speculate. I am fine with Luongo starting as long as it means we are winning, what I hope to happen is Lack becomes a starting goaltending asap. I thought he played good against St. Louis and the same thing happened with Schneider, AV let Schneider run with after Luongo was pulled, Schneider looked good he gave him another chance and then you know the rest.

I have no intent to try to make this a Lack vs Luongo saga just like Schneider vs Luongo but I hope Lack as atleast a chance to run with it.

But only 3 games shouldn't give anybody any indication that Lack should be the starting goaltender "asap".

Peteris Skudra had his share of good moments as Dan Cloutier's backup, but did he become the starter because of them? No. Bottom line is, he's our backup. Got it?

The last time the Caps won in Vancouver, Adam Oates scored the winning goal:

So yeah…it’s been a while. Over a decade actually.

Here’s a game recap we managed to dig up from all the way back on Feb. 14, 2001:

Adam Oates scored his second goal of the game with 41 seconds left in overtime as the Washington Capitals extended their unbeaten streak to eight games with a 4-3 victory over the Vancouver Canucks.

The Capitals blew a two-goal lead in the third period, but Oates helped them remain unbeaten on a six-game road trip.

Defenseman Sylvain Cote spotted Oates behind his defender and hit him with a perfect pass at the Canucks’ blue line. Oates moved into the right faceoff circle and fired a slap shot that beat goaltender Dan Cloutier to the stick side.

“It was a great pass by Coco (Cote). It just went over the d-man’s stick,” Oates said. “It gave me lots of time and I made a great shot.”

Oates still remembers that winner.

“You never forget a goal,” Oates said today after the morning skate at Rogers Arena, per the Washington Post. “On Cloutier, overtime, far post. Absolutely. I can’t believe it’s been that long.”

No mention of Coco’s pass though.

The last time the Caps were in Vancouver — on Oct. 29, 2011 — they got beaten 7-4 by the Canucks.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2013/10/28/the-last-time-the-caps-won-in-vancouver-adam-oates-scored-the-winning-goal/

Archived