The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nichushkin scores first NHL goal

studlymuf67

Lol. This poster has been waiting 13 games to post this.

Wow, he scored a goal, definitely should have drafted him. :lol:

How do we know Horvat wouldn't have scored by now if we kept him up? Would that mean he's better? No, neither are ready for the NHL IMO.

I don't understand something here... you're bashing the player that you named yourself after?

It just seems that you're just a fairweather fan that just goes after the 'bigger' name players that are mentioned by the sheepies.

I'm one of those people that thought that Nichushkin was NHL ready, as I stated above, but now, I don't think so anymore.

3 points in 13 points. BIG IMPACT.

WHOOP-DEE-DOO

Not everyone is ready for the NHL on their first try and that's okay with me.

He needs development and the NHL is not the place for him (much like 98 percent of all other NHLers).

Just because he lighted it up in the preseason doesn't mean he should have stayed, in hindsight.

Look at this - one good game out of the other 'average' games and you are so excited about him. He's probably not going to be consistent and he'll disappear on long stretches.

GREAT development.

Calm down big boy, you said it in your first sentence... ;)

idre0h2M506X7.gif

and this is the play it happened on. This guy is just a BEAST!those dangles are just DISGUSTING. Horvat can't do that</p>

Wow, he can dangle and not score. Kesler does that twice a game. Dangles definitely win stanley cups though. Remember all those dangle goals last playoffs? Oh wait... :lol:

Guess what? Russians are flashy players. Maxim Afinogenov had some sick dangles. Does that mean he was a great player? Nope.

Horvat is a great two way player. He's the type of player we're gonna need in the next few years down the middle behind Henrik and Kesler. Canucks fans need to stop whining about every player we didn't get. I swear some fans get distracted by flashy things way too easy. makes me wonder...

lol. The horvat haters and Nich lovers have been waiting for over a month to make this thread. Wtf were all of those people when Nich can't score jack with around 15 mins per game on ice?

he finally scored after 13 games and suddenly the "we should have pick horvat" gang is out here again

And this needed it's own thread because...? Not hard to tell that the OP is a huge Nichushkin fan. I guess we'll see a new thread created every time he scores a goal then.

Look at the join date of the OP. That's my first clue this was gonna be a troll thread.

Just trying to stick it to Canucks fans.

Would have liked him as a pick in the 2013 draft. oh well.

Oh please, just STOP... :picard:

There is a REASON why Gillis doesn't pick Russian, that kid did an interview during the draft weekends made somewhat a "threat" to Dallas, that if he is going down to the AHL, he will go back to Russia.

Now look all of the Russians that was in the NHL are running back home: Kovalchuk, Shirokov, Nabokov (well he did came back, but still), Radulov, etc.. You can't always trust them..

Also, he scored his first goal only after a month since the season started.. That took him a long time to finally get his first, and we already see most of the rookies scored before he did... Such as MacKinnon, Barkov, Jones, and Hertl.

should have picked nichushkin such a better player than shinkaruk or horvat combined. nichushkin = beauty rick nash type powerforward / sniper malkenesque. horvat = david bolland max. shinkaruk = chris higgins

:picard: Horvat is better than Bolland as he is more like Kesler/Beregeon/Richard and Shinkaruk is more kessel/kane/parise fail troll post

should have picked nichushkin such a better player than shinkaruk or horvat combined. nichushkin = beauty rick nash type powerforward / sniper malkenesque. horvat = david bolland max. shinkaruk = chris higgins

Don't even try to troll using old (and laughable) excuses as to why we should've picked Nichushkin over Horvat. You'll just make a fool out of yourself like others have before, and have gotten banned for it.

Horvat = Two-way player with Ryan O'Reilly - Patrice Bergeron potential that plays an excellent all-around game

Nichushkin = Type of player that is amazing in the regular season, but will disappear when it matters/will bolt back to Russia if he doesn't like it here

/argument

Don't even try to troll using old (and laughable) excuses as to why we should've picked Nichushkin over Horvat. You'll just make a fool out of yourself like others have before, and have gotten banned for it.

Horvat = Two-way player with Ryan O'Reilly - Patrice Bergeron potential that plays an excellent all-around game

Nichushkin = Type of player that is amazing in the regular season, but will disappear when it matters/will bolt back to Russia if he doesn't like it here

/argument

you are racist in thinking all russians disappear in the playoffs. nichushkin is a proven playoff beast. u cant deny nichushkin wopuld be better pick. russians>>>>>canadians when judging skill

you are racist in thinking all russians disappear in the playoffs. nichushkin is a proven playoff beast. u cant deny nichushkin wopuld be better pick. russians>>>>>canadians when judging skill

LOL how is that racist? And another LOL to the 'Nichushkin is a proven playoff beast' comment. He hasn't even played ONE playoff game so how can he be considered a playoff God? I'll just let these do the talking since stats don't lie:

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=145053

http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=162486

LOL how is that racist? And another LOL to the 'Nichushkin is a proven playoff beast' comment. He hasn't even played ONE playoff game so how can he be considered a playoff God? I'll just let these do the talking since stats don't lie:

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=145053

http://www.hockeydb.....php?pid=162486

he was playing against men at 17/18 years old goof and still managed to get 9 points. horvat would get 0 point in 25 games playing in russia against full grown men. horvat playing against adolescents

I thought he was NHL ready right from the draft. I was wrong.

Just because he scored doesn't mean that he's good enough for the NHL.

In the end, Horvat was a better choice.

Horvat is the safer choice. We don't know abouut the better choice yet. Both players serve a different roll with Nichusk playing an Evgeni Malkin style and Horvat a Johnny Toews style.

Archived