The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Whisky (Whiskey) thread

King Heffy

So I got to try Port Charlotte 10 last week.

Before last week Talisker 10 and Lagavulin 8 were competing for my favourite so far.... I might have a new favourite whiskey. Port Charlotte's so good. lol

(Although I will say my 1st peated whiskey I tried was Ardbeg 10 and I need to get back to that... there's something about that one still, maybe because it turned me into a peathead)

Edited by The Lock
  • Like 1
  • Cheers 2

28 minutes ago, The Lock said:

Before last week Talisker 10 and Lagavulin 8 were competing for my favourite so far.... I might have a new favourite whiskey. Port Charlotte's so good. lol

(Although I will say my 1st peated whiskey I tried was Ardbeg 10 and I need to get back to that... there's something about that one still, maybe because it turned me into a peathead)

That sounds delightful.

Here's my weekend.  Trying new things 

PXL_20220226_015039394.MP.jpg

PXL_20220226_015049824.jpg

• Cheers 1

On 2/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, The Lock said:

Ive seen that bottle in the stores before, I might have to get it next week if I can find it.  Never had one made in UK before.  Looks like one in Abby, have to see if I head out there sometime soon.

1 hour ago, Russ said:

I was waiting to see what you were gonna test out this week!  Let us know how they are!

That old tub, it's a Jim beam product for sure.  But it's got some body to it.  A shade less sweetness but more of a lingering taste.

You know when you swirl that sip around and it makes your cheeks/tongue tingle a bit then have an almost anesthetic numb feeling for a second.

Strong on that as well.  I really appreciated the Jim Beam Black, but that old tub hits the sport more like a light  whiskey than a true bourbon

• Cheers 1

On 2/25/2022 at 5:52 PM, Warhippy said:

That sounds delightful.

Here's my weekend.  Trying new things 

PXL_20220226_015039394.MP.jpg

Had a bottle of that recently, didn't mind it at all.

i'm new to Bourbons but Buffalo Trace is still my current favorite 

• Cheers 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

On 2/25/2022 at 5:22 PM, The Lock said:

I've been banging the Bruichladdich drum for a while in this thread. Glad to hear someone else enjoying it!

1 hour ago, beni said:

Had a bottle of that recently, didn't mind it at all.

i'm new to Bourbons but Buffalo Trace is still my current favorite 

I have some rare bourbon but I'm trending more towards the $45 and under selections for pure sipping enjoyment in a regular basis

Tried this out last night.  A LOT different than what I was expecting.  Smokey, peaty tasting.  Gentle but prominent  in the sip.  Purchased 3 bottles as I heard NIkka is again going to restrict sales out of Japan due to supply issues and lack of sale in canada and abroad.

image.png.8d81534ad14963db3e4fcc63bc70737f.png

9 hours ago, Warhippy said:

If you get the BH Toast it's actually really mellow.

For a bourbon Basil always had that full body and I can't help but enjoy it.

I will have to see if I can find it then. The liquor store on my way home from work has very limited selection outside of your regular every day whiskeys, need to go to one in town that has good reviews and selection apparently. 

Don't usually do Kentucky bourbon but I enjoy this one. 

8 hours ago, Russ said:

I will have to see if I can find it then. The liquor store on my way home from work has very limited selection outside of your regular every day whiskeys, need to go to one in town that has good reviews and selection apparently. 

Don't usually do Kentucky bourbon but I enjoy this one. 

I think half of my entire collection tight now is bourbon.  I've a lot of whiskeys, but bourbon dominates.

I'm a casual sipper now.  But need to figure it out, I've a Canadian rye, a Japanese whiskey and Irish whiskey as well as a bourbon open.

Too much tasting not enough dedication

3 hours ago, Chris12345 said:

How'd you like that bad boy?

I never liked it it's on my one and done list.

I liked it a lot, if you like bourbons I think its a worthwhile try.  A lot different from my typical Irish whiskey so it was a nice change up.

• Vintage 1