The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Top Anime/Manga Tournament [Fullmetal Division]CLOSED

Alchemy Time

21 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Robotech has a phenomenal story with awesome fight scenes and lovable characters, if that changes anyones vote.

The World God Only Knows has Goddesses, and Devils who look like hot girls, and while the huge cast of human girls seems initially like pieces just to move the "save the world" plot along, you end up caring for each one and the journey they're taken along.

Much more of an emotional, visual, and intellectual, coming of age, growing into yourself story, than action, but there are supernatural fight scenes and quite a lot of humour.

how are there 2 full metal alchemist nominations? i thought all iterations of the same thing were combined... or is that just their movies?

I agree. Seems unfair that two of the eight choices are essentially the same thing.

I can understand where your coming from, but although the original FMA and FMAB start off with the same story, around 1/3 of the way through they are completely different. They're two different stories so I put them as such.

I'm considering, however, just putting Dragon Ball and DBZ as one single nomination, since DBZ is just a continuation of Dragon Ball.

I can understand where your coming from, but although the original FMA and FMAB start off with the same story, around 1/3 of the way through are completely different. They're two different stories so I put them as such.

I'm considering, however, just putting Dragon Ball and DBZ as one single nomination, since DBZ is just a continuation of Dragon Ball.

if dragonball and DBZ are going to be the same, i'd say FMA and FMAB should also be the same, since they are not, i'd leave DB and DBZ seperate at this point (as they too, are 2 different stories).

if dragonball and DBZ are going to be the same, i'd say FMA and FMAB should also be the same, since they are not, i'd leave DB and DBZ seperate at this point (as they too, are 2 different stories).

Fair enough.

Should I split Naruto and Naruto Shippuden then? (I currently have them just listed as 'Naruto')

Personally I don't think it will make to much of a difference since frequent anime watchers on CDC is somewhat limited I don't think people will have that fan boy uproar on which branch of a series was best (though if it was a true anime watching forum I would split them up). Basically if you want to add more shows I would combined them though so many people are unfamiliar with the less mainstream ones that the hidden gems likely won't make a difference. If that makes any sense I probably worded it poorly.

Archived