The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Are you on Wi-Fi? If so, then yes I have the exact same issue. My download speeds are 1.6mbps. I switched to a wire and got 23mpbs. Try using a lan cable if you are on Wi-Fi.

Yes Wifi, 15-20 mbps when the PS4 isn't downloading games, 5-6 on other devices are on while PS4 is downloading, 1-2 mbps on the PS4 while downloading...

My router is rooms down and so I cant do straight connection.

Are you on Wi-Fi? If so, then yes I have the exact same issue. My download speeds are 1.6mbps. I switched to a wire and got 23mpbs. Try using a lan cable if you are on Wi-Fi.

I was on wi-fi but had a very weak connection and took hours to update the system. So I bought an adapter that plugs into your power outlet and now have a hard wired ethernet connection to my ps4. Now it's fast as anything. Highly recommend this product.

D-link powerline AV500

• Upvote 1

Yes Wifi, 15-20 mbps when the PS4 isn't downloading games, 5-6 on other devices are on while PS4 is downloading, 1-2 mbps on the PS4 while downloading...

My router is rooms down and so I cant do straight connection.

I'd recommend just moving the PS4 near the router for a bit if you need a huge update. As soon as you plug it in, you'll see how much faster it will be. If you find a solution for the download speeds on the Wi-Fi, please share it in the thread

I was on wi-fi but had a very weak connection and took hours to update the system. So I bought an adapter that plugs into your power outlet and now have a hard wired ethernet connection to my ps4. Now it's fast as anything. Highly recommend this product.

D-link powerline AV500

That's insane! I never even knew they had products like this. That's so cool.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul

D-link powerline AV500

Damn too bad its so expensive.

And Lupul my routers not very far/I get good speeds on my iPhone right next to my PS4.

I'd recommend just moving the PS4 near the router for a bit if you need a huge update. As soon as you plug it in, you'll see how much faster it will be. If you find a solution for the download speeds on the Wi-Fi, please share it in the thread

That's insane! I never even knew they had products like this. That's so cool.

I never knew until my dad told me about it....I have this adapter plugged into my ps4 and another computer I have far away from my router. I never expected them to work well, but they truly work great. And they are so easy to setup, literally just gotta plug it in the wall and press the button

I just ordered a PS4 off the US Amazon site.

It cost $480 after shipping and other fees. So, if you can't find one anywhere near you either and you can't wait. It might be worth it to check Amazon.com

so seeing that the left thumbstick is starting to peel i think i'm gonna try to replace the sticks with some x360 ones. i have a pack of about 20 replacement sticks for my 360 controller and based on the following vid @ 6.24, the cpnnectors inside are pretty much the same...

i will make this change once the rubber has completely broken.

Edited by î мцšт вяздк чфµ

I just ordered a PS4 off the US Amazon site.

It cost $480 after shipping and other fees. So, if you can't find one anywhere near you either and you can't wait. It might be worth it to check Amazon.com

Will that not cause warranty problems? Buying from the US?

so seeing that the left thumbstick is starting to peel i think i'm gonna try to replace the sticks with some x360 ones. i have a pack of about 20 replacement sticks for my 360 controller and based on the following vid @ 6.24, the cpnnectors inside are pretty much the same...

i will make this change once the rubber has completely broken.

Just get it exchanged, instead of risking screwing it up.

Need for Speed: Rivals is honestly one of the best games I've played in a while. For anyone who doesn't know, it's an always online game so there will always be others free roaming with you. The cars the random traffic drives are all real cars. I was an undercover cop driving the speed limit blending in as traffic, then I pull people over. So sick.

Edited by Joffrey Lupul