The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Looking for a good game to buy. I'm interested in h1z1 and battlefront but they haven't come out yet, and don't come out for a while. A far cry styled game would be cool. Suggestions?

i dont have it but the last of us looks pretty good

Looking for a good game to buy. I'm interested in h1z1 and battlefront but they haven't come out yet, and don't come out for a while. A far cry styled game would be cool. Suggestions?

I'm guessing that you've played Far Cry 4 then. I can't really think of anything else on PS4 like that right now.

The Last of Us

Battlefield 4

Destiny

Watch Dogs

Shadow of Mordor

Maybe one of those?

I need to use a wifi extender in my new place, is it still beneficial to run a Ethernet cable from the extender to the ps4?

Depends how close you are to the extender. The signal quality coming from the extender is probably questionable at best, and the farther you go from it the worse it's going to be. That said, hard wiring from the extender might be slightly better but still not sufficient for what you need if it's garbage to begin with. Range extenders can be pretty terrible in general, let alone trying to game off it.

Look at moving your modem closer if possible. If you cant do that (or hardwire from your modem), PowerLine adapters can be hit or miss, but may work better than your wifi extender.

• 4 weeks later...

If you feel like playing Gran Turismo, then grab Drive Club. It had it's long horrible slide out of the gates at release day, and for awhile after that, but it's running pretty great now and the bugs have been removed. At least from what I've heard, it's awesome now. I haven't played it in awhile though, but I probably should.

DriveClub:

hu6FVXH.jpg

5ihAgpO.jpg

Either that, or wait for Project CARS which comes out next week.

oh, wow. Didn't see this post. Sexy. I'll look into it.

Thoughts on hiw long it takes sony to bring out backwards compatibility?

Sony made Microsoft get their heads out of their asses two years ago at E3, and it would be nice if they returned the favour with this one.

That would seal my getting a PS4 as soon as possible, because Sony doesn't seem to want to seal the deal by just releasing good games.

Edited by g_bassi13

PlayStation now is a joke. Why should I rent what I already own. I would love to be able to put the ps3 away and make room for an xb1

The lack of backwards compatibility on either side was a dick move. Both of them should have had it at launch. It's funny how one gets praise now for simply doing what they should have in the first place.

Lowered expectations, I guess.

I don't own a PS3, but there are some games I would go back to play. It just seems silly that it doesn't exist yet. Or it would, if they weren't monetizing it in another way.

Yeah, man. I'm so pumped for The Last Guardian. Shadow of the Colossus is one of my favourite games, ever.

No Man's Sky looks brilliant as well. I've been following it for awhile and it's look fantastic.

Just Cause 3 should be pretty cool. I had a lot of fun playing around with JC2.

Horizon looks pretty sick as well, like some sort of futuristic Jurassic Park.

PlayStation now is a joke. Why should I rent what I already own. I would love to be able to put the ps3 away and make room for an xb1

Room was my issue as well. I caved and got all 3 because I want options. Right now the Wii U and 360 are the odd ones out while the XB1 and PS4 are hooked up. Im thankful I can finally put it away now. I just want PS1/PS2 emulation on PS4. I don't really care for the PS3 much.

I should probably sell something but whenever I do I just want it back.

Edited by Xbox

The dumb thing is having to subscribe to Now in order to play games you already have. It's cool to be able to stream the games you've never played before, but if I have a copy of it I should be able to play it for free. At least be able to put in the number from the game case or something.