The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

PlayStation 4 Thread

PlayStation

Horizon: Zero Dawn really is fantastic. I would probably get bored of the open world if the story wasn't so good. Not that the open world is bad, it's just I've been open world fatigued a lot lately. Too many open world games...

Robot dinosaur takedowns are also crazy fun. Thunderjaws and Sawtooths, damn son.

Also, the voice actress for the main character (Aloy) is voiced by the girl who did Chloe in Life Is Strange. It's literally all I think about every time she talks.

Edited by DollarAndADream
  • Upvote 1

@Xbox got a question regarding the Ps4 and just in general with online, it's to help my decision in the future for what I will buy eventually. Anyways how much do they charge for yearly online play? And do they charge you for say map add ons like for COD, and if so, say you go back to play the game 2-3 years down the road do they still charge you for that same map add on, does the price change, stay the same or they just let you have it for free eventually...

36 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

@Xbox got a question regarding the Ps4 and just in general with online, it's to help my decision in the future for what I will buy eventually. Anyways how much do they charge for yearly online play? And do they charge you for say map add ons like for COD, and if so, say you go back to play the game 2-3 years down the road do they still charge you for that same map add on, does the price change, stay the same or they just let you have it for free eventually...

Online is $69.99 a year but you get 'free' games every month and additional discounts in sales. Add-on's for games like CoD are $14.99 new, but after a while it'll be discounted from time to time. 2-3 years down the road some DLC's will be adjusted in price while others won't be. It really comes down to the publisher but Activision is notoriously bad for that (COD). There are sales all the time so my only recommendation is not to buy a game at full price unless it's a must have brand new game for you. DLC's go on sale as well. 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Online is $69.99 a year but you get 'free' games every month and additional discounts in sales. Add-on's for games like CoD are $14.99 new, but after a while it'll be discounted from time to time. 2-3 years down the road some DLC's will be adjusted in price while others won't be. It really comes down to the publisher but Activision is notoriously bad for that (COD). There are sales all the time so my only recommendation is not to buy a game at full price unless it's a must have brand new game for you. DLC's go on sale as well. 

Thanks for the info, weird how PlayStation never used to cost for online and now they charge more then Xbox interesting. Yeah I was playing some old COD games(xbox360) and thought since they were so old maps would be free by now, but was shocked to see that's not the case. Good to hear they offer the free games monthly like Xbox.

14 minutes ago, ChuckNORRIS4Cup said:

Thanks for the info, weird how PlayStation never used to cost for online and now they charge more then Xbox interesting. Yeah I was playing some old COD games(xbox360) and thought since they were so old maps would be free by now, but was shocked to see that's not the case. Good to hear they offer the free games monthly like Xbox.

Xbox Live went up in price to $69.99 as well so they're actually the same now. There's a couple games that give their DLC out for free after a while. Titanfall 1 did that. One awesome thing about PS4 is the PSN store doesn't charge tax.

Happy to help!

Edited by Xbox

9 minutes ago, Xbox said:

Xbox Live went up in price to $69.99 as well so they're actually the same now. There's a couple games that give their DLC out for free after a while. Titanfall 1 did that. One awesome thing about PS4 is the PSN store doesn't charge tax.

Happy to help!

Well I just looked on best buy.ca and they're selling 12 month gold for $59.99....

So I was on the fence about ME4, then got stoked on it because I love the games in general, then got unstoked because based on the trailers I thought the pathfinder/explorer hero didnt make sense with fighting big baddies like the other ME games, then watched some recent footage of the game and it really has a more old school RPG vibe to it, so Im stoked again.  I like that they are using dialogue now as a way of creating more of a character then the good/bad choices of the older games. Sounds all good and nerdy.  

Another fav track of mine from ME2.  I really hope the sound track is good in the new game

11 hours ago, Nbanhl said:

How you liking FIFA 17, I bought it on sale a month ago

It's alright, it's been a few years since I played fifa.  I've only done the player career mode and had to remake my guy when I found out they finally put Canada in the game.  So I made me a Canadian striker and started on the Whitecaps.  I just sim the training and play 4min halves.  I completed my first season and signed a loan with Everton of the EPL.  The presentation in a lot better when you play in the EPL as opposed to the MLS.  Still haven't got the call for Canada yet, but iirc they make you wait a couple of season before you can play for your country. 

Some things I don't know about soccer.  I picked the whitecaps as my starting club, does that mean they own my rights forever?  I signed a loan(and I am still loan listed) with Everton, does that expire at the end of the year and I get sent back to Vancouver?  Or does Everton own my rights now?  I'll have to google some soccer terms like 'switching up the play" and how to fake a shot in the box, and how exactly offsides work in soccer(I keep trying to screen the goalie as if im playing hockey lol).