The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Phillyvan trade

This may have been brought up but what about...

Tanev for B. Schenn

Tanev is a great D guy and Philly really needs a young stay at home D guy. I don't think will be able to keep him considering he's projected to make around $3 mil/yr after this year. Besides we have a top 4 taking up a huge chunk of our cap already, and have ntc's or NTM'S.

B Schenn hasn't lived up to his huge potential so far but he's young and has a high ceiling for success and putting up big numbers. Van needs an offensive upgrade, and I like him with some of our other young prospects coming up next year. He's got a high hockey IQ and has the potential to be a sniper. God knows we need that type of player now and in the future.

I just bring this up because gardiner keeps coming up in rumours for Schenn and I think tanev is more well rounded than him. Other very small pieces may have to be added, but what do ou guys think?

I only mention tanev because of Philly's desperation for good D guys and their history of making bold trades. Besides our top 4 have NTC's and b Schenn isn't playing like many projected. I figured we'd have to add a little more but thought about it after kip and Doug mentioned a gardiner for b Schenn rumour. I don't think gardiner is any better than tanev or certainly not by much

Oops I guess I should have put the actual trade in the topic title. My bad. All you negative people need to exercise a little more, or perhaps get yourself a girlfriend lol...if you can that is...maybe that's why you're so negative all the time!

Gross-mis...what would you suggest as a fair trade for B Schenn?

Only reason I thought of this trade is because of the rumour of gardiner for b Schenn on hockey central. Since we probably can't afford tanev at the end of the year; especially as a 5-6 D guy making around $3 mil; what do we do with him?

The general public lives in the moment to much. At first Schenn's value was amazing because he was a highly touted prospect and after he failed to become a superstar immediately people started assuming his value was very low.

The rumors are BS. If that trade was going to happen it would have happened already instead of the repeated reports that both teams want this but for whatever reason won't make the trade.

Schenn isn't a bust yet he has progressed each season though he hasn't progressed as fast as some people feel he should have. But with limited ice time and shooting 17% and on pace for 26 goals and over 50 points he is a valuable piece of the Flyers struggling offense. No logical reason for them to move one of their key offensive pieces for defense when they are the #29 offense and a strong defensive team.

I feel like people are just going by reputation instead of looking at this current season.

I agree Chilis! Just think if Philly is getting a little impatient with him or things aren't going as well behind the scenes with him, than perhaps there's a chance we could get him. We don't have much trade bait unfortunately. Most of our good player have a NTC's or NTM'S so I was just throwing it out there to see what ppl would think. I know it's just a rumour but when I heard them talk about it on hockey central, I thought I'd put it on here for discussion. I don't think Tanev alone could get b Schenn either, but we won't be able to have 5 D guys next year making over 3 mil; especially when we need help up front

Archived