The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Canucks Lose 3-2 in Shootout

Brad Bellick^

"We were behind the eightball tonight, Lu kept us in game and we didn't reward him. We came out flat and had no momentum" - Jannik Hansen

Really nice for them to acknowledge that but how does that happen after losing 4 straight!! What exactly does it take to get this group to show up and actually care?

The shootout proves that we don't have pure goal scorer. Regarding the game this shouldn't have even gone into extra time. The nux blew a 2-1 lead in the 3rd. Scoring 2 goals against a team that has one of the highest GAA is a major concern. The good news is CBJ is coming into town and the oilers just beat them 7-0!

We haven't had a pure scorer since Wellwood and Demitra.

I'm staying on the positive side here.. At least we got a point.. But there have been NO PUCK LUCK for the past weeks.. It's insane how other teams are so lucky and we still outshoot them.. We will bound to get ours eventually.... At least it started off early rather than later on the regular season.. I'm thinking of November is the new October "slow start" for us.

exactly i would be worried if this were happening in say Feburary or March there is still 59 games left lots of hockey and at the start of the season all the hockey experts basically said this is going to be an ugly season for the Canucks trying to convert this team to a Torts team

Blatant trip that would have given the Canucks a PP in OT goes uncalled and then they call a soft hook on Higgins. This is getting out of hand

Oh, it got out of hand last game

where are these top line players so widely available this isn't a video game and i am sure Gillis isn't sitting on his ass trying nothing to improve this team

if ownership wants him gone and he is doing poorly he will be fired just like any other GM until then stop acting like you could do a better job

^^^^^

People are ignorant to the point of ridiculousness.

An honest observation: This team looks tired already. I really don't know what it is... but it never seems like we play with any urgency, and when we do it's not on a consistent basis.

Just a hunch but maybe its because we play our 4th line for an entire time of less than a minute during a game and play our top line for more than 25 minutes

Archived