The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Value of] Our very own Ryan Kesler

Outsiders

Funny I was thinking it was an underpayment. Kesler is a former Selke winner and a top line player wheras Murray is an unproven offensive Dman prospect with only 4 points. Jenner is an unproven forward prospect with just 2 points.

I wrote that last post wrong lol . Its a close even or a bit of a Underpayment now BUT in the future I think we win that trade. If Ryan Murray pans out like he is suppose to and Boone Jenner can pick it up we have definitely won the trade plus that 1st rounder could be quite high top 10 id say

Fans here overrating Kesler....I'll say he is NOT in the same class as Richards, Toews and Bergeron

Take away the Stanley cups and that is kinda of debatable. Toews and Kesler have personal hardware and have shown themselves to be high point getters regularly.

So many proposals and discussion of player value from someone who isn't going to watch another game this season (see last quote in sig). Why not just go outside, Outsiders?

Its okay quote me all you want said what I said but that doesn't men im not gonna post on here anymore

That would be great but never happening imagine if Colimbus tanked and we got Mcdavid along with Murray

That would be awesome. I suggest Columbus because he went to Ohio state, his family is the closest to there (except if he played in Detroit) . The Jackets need the strength up the middle very badly. It could be a make or break for them.

I do not think Murray , Jenner and their 1st is too much but if I had to choose I pick the 1st over Jenner so Murray and the 1st would be a trade they cant complain about.

The more years he has left on his contract the more value we will get for him. If we trade him in his last year, expect an iginla like return. He has 2 more years left so he can probably get us some good value.

Detroit likes older players so we can maybe trade him for Smith/Dekeyser + Nyqvist and a bottom 6 player like Miller

I'm sensing you don't watch much Canucks hockey?

I watch many games. I assume most posters on here do. I remember when Kesler was in his first few seasons and couldn't hit the broad side of a barn if he was standing in front of it. What I don't do is think the Kesler of 2010-11 season is the real Kesler. The real Kesler is a 20-25 goal, 50-60 point scorer with average peripheral stats. You cannot expect him to ever return to his career season numbers. This essentially makes him a solid 2nd liner or a really good 3rd liner. This is the ideal time to move him...before his value plummets after another mediocre season. If this team makes the playoffs, expect him to pull another disappearing act when the team needs some second line scoring the most. Then after the season, yet another injury excuse will rear it's head. Everyone will be left scratching their heads wondering why Kesler can't pick up the slack when the answer is staring back in your face, he just isn't as good as this fanbase thinks he is. He can't carry this team. It's time to start building a new number one line before the Sedins retire and Kesler should be the centerpiece of a deal to expediate the process.

Archived