The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

1000 games.

mbal23

I think they do that silver stick for 1000 games, don't they? It wouldn't be a big presentation (not like a jersey retirement or anything) so they'd be able to do one for each when the time comes.

EDIT: Yup, silver stick. It could be a couple minute presentation prior to the start of the game and then it's over and done with.

It would have been cool to have them both reach 1000 games at the same time, but given there is a fairly large difference (34 games is almost half a season), they should celebrate this achievement as it is accomplished.

yup.

Op, it will happen in two different seasons. They actually are two different people contrary to popular opinion.

yup.

Op, it will happen in two different seasons. They actually are two different people contrary to popular opinion.

Very true. My twin boys tell me that all the time as well - I get "dad, we're not a unit". Friends that I have with twins seem to go through it as well - people think they have to follow the same path but in reality they very much enjoy their individuality.

yup.

Early morning math error made me think both would reach by end of this season. It would be cool if it was like 10 mins. It's pretty major.

They're both individuals and will likely get their own recognition. I'm sure a presentation of sorts will be involved like with Naslund. It would have been nice if they hit the milestone together, but it's nice that they each will get their moment in the spotlight too.

62OnJanuary172008MarkusNaslundbecameonlythefifthCanucktoplay1000NHLgames.jpg

How old is naslunds son now? DRAFT HIM... DRAFT HIM NOW!

Archived