The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Province] David Booth seeks skating coach to get his game in order

-Vintage Canuck-

Looks like it worked. Booth has done just about everything he can to get his game back on track and it's working - he's been the best Canuck of the last 3 or 4 games and has dominated on the ice with some really skilled, confident plays. Thank the skating coach, conditioning stint or whatever you want but his hard work and dedication to get back is paying off.

3 times is 2 times too many. I was fine when he opened up with it but after that he should be talking about reality and not keep going back to it. I have never seen a professional athlete talk more about God. Its just so annoying. And it makes me resent him.

Honestly, these kinds of posts are the equivalent of Atheists publicly stating they don't believe God exists. Religion is a right, and free speech allows anyone to say anything they like. You have a problem with Booth because he believes in God? How petty is that? I understand you feel uncomfortable with some of the implications of turning to a being you can't see, but that's his faith. Resenting him and claiming once is enough is your opinion, and a really shallow one at that.

It's funny how if a religious individual said atheists are annoying and it makes atheists easy to resent, you would be up in arms wih the rest of the God bashers.

Much good this will do, but this is a hockey forum. Keep it relevant.

3 times is 2 times too many. I was fine when he opened up with it but after that he should be talking about reality and not keep going back to it. I have never seen a professional athlete talk more about God. Its just so annoying. And it makes me resent him.

Ever watch the NFL?? They pray in the locker rooms...

He had injuries that would affect his stride/skating and I give him credit for wanting to address it. Power skating does focus on technique that can really improve overall skating, balance and stability and if he's stronger on the puck, that's playing to his strengths in all aspects.

Like that he's contributing...want him to succeed but had almost run out of patience as it was leaving room to consider that he just didn't really want it bad enough. If he's seeking additional help to improve himself outside of regular game play it would suggest he does. He has the potential to really be an asset and it'll play into our favour if he can string a series of good games together.

You should not like Hamhuis either then. Hamhuis has talked about his faith a few times and I believe he and Booth have led prayer groups for players that are interested. There are a few that take advantage from what we've heard in the past after Booth first joined us, so I guess you should resent even more of our Canucks.

I've never once seen a Canucks interview where Hamhuis references God. I don't resent Christians I just resent it when they talk about it all the time!

Honestly, these kinds of posts are the equivalent of Atheists publicly stating they don't believe God exists. Religion is a right, and free speech allows anyone to say anything they like. You have a problem with Booth because he believes in God? How petty is that? I understand you feel uncomfortable with some of the implications of turning to a being you can't see, but that's his faith. Resenting him and claiming once is enough is your opinion, and a really shallow one at that.

It's funny how if a religious individual said atheists are annoying and it makes atheists easy to resent, you would be up in arms wih the rest of the God bashers.

Much good this will do, but this is a hockey forum. Keep it relevant.

Calm down bro. I'm not hating on Christianity, just the excessiveness of his banter.

But hockey wise, I like what I've seen the passed week. Hopefully he can keep it going.

He had injuries that would affect his stride/skating and I give him credit for wanting to address it. Power skating does focus on technique that can really improve overall skating, balance and stability and if he's stronger on the puck, that's playing to his strengths in all aspects.

Like that he's contributing...want him to succeed but had almost run out of patience as it was leaving room to consider that he just didn't really want it bad enough. If he's seeking additional help to improve himself outside of regular game play it would suggest he does. He has the potential to really be an asset and it'll play into our favour if he can string a series of good games together.

He can't afford to fall into another deep slump. If he does, the fans and management will be all over him.

Go watch any Ray Lewis interview :bigblush:

Anyways, Booth played a pretty solid game today. Nice to see him put two games back to back with goals that weren't on an empty net! Hopefully he can keep it up...

I've ripped on Booth ever since last season, I honestly didn't think he had it in him to do what he's being doing the last three games.

Good for him for fighting through the adversary

I've never once seen a Canucks interview where Hamhuis references God. I don't resent Christians I just resent it when they talk about it all the time!

Calm down bro. I'm not hating on Christianity, just the excessiveness of his banter.

But hockey wise, I like what I've seen the passed week. Hopefully he can keep it going.

The excessiveness of your banter about your beliefs has now exceeded his.

Glad to see Booth is getting his swagger back. A lot of people questioned his character, and I believe that his true character is now being shown with how he has battled back and remained positive throughout these injuries. Hopefully he can stay healthy and keep it up.

You're really not acting any different right now. You've out done his expression of his beliefs by repeatedly, and rather rudely, expressing your own beliefs. Atheists need to realize that their beliefs are as much a religion as Christianity. People keep telling Christians to keep to themselves, but Atheists seem far louder to me. So please take your own advice and keep your beliefs to yourself.

Now, as for his play on this ice. He's been getting better, which shouldn't be a surprise. He's a better player than he's shown and it takes time to get it back when you've had as many injuries as he's had. Also, he's out producing Burrows with less ice time.

Archived