The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Province] David Booth seeks skating coach to get his game in order

-Vintage Canuck-

The Canucks have coaches, why would he want to find an outside source? This is just Booth being a control freak imo. He wants to shift the blame from himself to others.

I have noticed this trend from him on a few different occasions. The fact is, Booth has zero control of anything. His boss is the Canucks owner, who assigns control to Gillis, then its the coaches. Then its up to Booth to do what he is told. Its the same with any employee in any job environment.

It is up to Booth to drive the net, challenge opposing Dmen, and bang the puck into the net. This is Booth's job, and he isin't doing it.

I hope he decides to start trying to salvage his career, and to score goals. Before the throws away millions of dollars because he wants to be in control of himself. This is known as cutting off your nose to spite your face. Once he retires with his millions he can control whatever he wants to, but until then, Booth is a payed employee. Get to work Booth!

The Canucks have coaches, why would he want to find an outside source? This is just Booth being a control freak imo. He wants to shift the blame from himself to others.

I have noticed this trend from him on a few different occasions. The fact is, Booth has zero control of anything. His boss is the Canucks owner, who assigns control to Gillis, then its the coaches. Then its up to Booth to do what he is told. Its the same with any employee in any job environment.

It is up to Booth to drive the net, challenge opposing Dmen, and bang the puck into the net. This is Booth's job, and he isin't doing it.

I hope he decides to start trying to salvage his career, and to score goals. Before the throws away millions of dollars because he wants to be in control of himself. This is known as cutting off your nose to spite your face. Once he retires with his millions he can control whatever he wants to, but until then, Booth is a payed employee. Get to work Booth!

So, not sure I follow how his doing extra things on his own to help him do his job isn't a good thing?? If an employee of mine decided to take any feedback to heart and went out of their way to do more to help themselves improve, I would consider it commendable....

Considering his health issues and what we saw in his last game....yes , he is a project...and is coming around. His skating looked OK so it just needs a lil' boost , but his confidence needs a BIG one.

Our entire Team, cept the Sedins, are having a tough time finding the back of the net as of late..... I believe this will come around as our chances get better and our guys start shooting at the edges and raising the puck. This too will come around!!

I liked what I saw, last game of Booth, keep it going and it will come around.

1. He bow hunts versus using a rifle.

2. He doesn't hunt only for sport as far as I know and also uses the meat.

3. Just because cows, pigs and chickens aren't 'magnificent' should we be more ok with consuming them despite some of the deplorable conditions they are farmed in?

Leave the talk to Booth about his hockey, you won't get any love from anyone here for trying to turn it into a discussion about religion or hunting.

We've seen a fair number of times where he has made a good move or had an opportunity for a quality shot yet done very little with it as well though. I just don't see a significant change as a result of him working on his skating alone.

It could either click for him or not, even if he improves his physical condition and skating skill in relation to hockey.

# 2 Shut up I highly doubt yhat he ate the bear that he murdered

I think he just needs more tenacity and aggressiveness in his game, especially on the forecheck. He has the speed, size, and strength but lacks the consistent on-ice effort. If he can get his effort level to that of Higgins and Hansen then Booth will be a very useful player.

Heck, Dale Weise is a more useful player at the moment lol

Booth with a much better effort out there on the ice tonight. He and his line mates crashed and banged with speed on the forecheck, causing turnovers leading to some quality scoring chances (and a goal to boot).

Tears for booth tonight. BOOTH FOR PRESIDENT.

Over/ under for how many periods this Booth love lasts for? I'm gonna say 1-2 (thought of saying minutes, but I thought CDC wouldn't be so bipolar; nobody prove me wrong! :P)

Skating's definitely not the problem with him, he did quite well in maneuvering and chasing pucks down, and good that Torts went with something that worked in him with Santo, plus Dale's speed also helps this line.

Archived