The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[The Province] David Booth seeks skating coach to get his game in order

-Vintage Canuck-

A couple of good games in a row, finally got back on the scoresheet. I hope he sticks with Santorelli, I think they work well together.

Burrows is averaging 1 point every 91.5 minutes with a -5 and Booth is averaging 1 point every 39.6 minutes +3.

Here are some other numbers to throw out there:

Higgins 39.9

Hansen 51.08

Kassian 43.55

All of a sudden both has moved into normality, hopefully he can pick up more quality minutes and produce at a 25 goal pace for the rest of the season.

Also Dale Weise is pretty much tied with Henrik for the most productive offensive player on the team. Quietly having a good season!

give me a break, all the booth apologists are quick to jump to these lame mean nothing positives, least he's trying, least his corsis good...show me a pro who isn't trying, show me a weekend beer leaguer who isn't trying when he's on the ice, lots of guys got heart and effort coming out of their asses doesn't mean they're cut out to be top 6 forwards with the big contracts...he's getting the lite version of the treatment most of us would get at our jobs, you get some slack coming back from injury but eventually do you job or gtfo...

Booth Apologists?!? that's a new one !!

I agree with your assessment about comparing his "job" to others... however I think with his effort in the last two game has been real good and he probably earned a little more "slack" because of his effort the last 2 nights. The 2 points sure help to.

I'm sorry for defending Booth !! ah Crap....

I agree with your assessment about comparing his "job" to others... however I think with his effort in the last two game has been real good and he probably earned a little more "slack" because of his effort the last 2 nights. The 2 points sure help to.

Last two years he has had a small sample size and in both instances was coming back from injury playing 3rd line minutes with 4th line players. At least he had a 20 game stretch in his first year where he was the 30 goal scorer from his Florida days (versus Ballard who literally showed no sign of being a good second pairing dman over 150 games). Also his 23 goal pace in his first season is decent all things considered (new team, new conference, 2nd line minutes, limited PP time, injuries etc).

Last season I thought he played extremely well with Kassian and Lappy despite his lack of production. This season was a little different, and he was playing much worse despite his identical production.

He has put together good games back to back and Santorelli is exactly the type of linemate he needs to get going. I had given up on him. So many injuries and hatred from fans and the coach.

It is in all of our best interest for Booth to succeed. He is under contract next year and he has the potential to be a speedy power forward. There are maybe a dozen players who fit that mold in the NHL and they are impossible to acquire when playing well, and often go through horrible cold stretches (see Chris Stewart).

You do not want to get injured while playing for the Canucks. It's even worse if you get injured multiple times. Many of our more brilliant fans will turn on said player without any leeway for recovery time. Higgins suffered multiple injuries and his play suffered a lot. Our fans still like him because he suffered these injuries while playing for other teams. He came to us as somewhat of a project. Had he suffered these injuries as a Canuck, the fans would have turned on him. Point being, we don't know how good Booth can be yet. He needs time to get his game back in order. If he still sucks by seasons end, then get him!!!!!!

You do not want to get injured while playing for the Canucks. It's even worse if you get injured multiple times. Many of our more brilliant fans will turn on said player without any leeway for recovery time. Higgins suffered multiple injuries and his play suffered a lot. Our fans still like him because he suffered these injuries while playing for other teams. He came to us as somewhat of a project. Had he suffered these injuries as a Canuck, the fans would have turned on him. Point being, we don't know how good Booth can be yet. He needs time to get his game back in order. If he still sucks by seasons end, then get him!!!!!!

+1 Totally agree with that.

He's played two straight great games and that's something for him to build on.

He created 3 goals today and was pressuring the puck all game just like he did against LA.

he's also lucky he didn't get benched in the first period in Ottawa.

Hansen took the hit for him.

Over/ under for how many periods this Booth love lasts for? I'm gonna say 1-2 (thought of saying minutes, but I thought CDC wouldn't be so bipolar; nobody prove me wrong! :P)

Skating's definitely not the problem with him, he did quite well in maneuvering and chasing pucks down, and good that Torts went with something that worked in him with Santo, plus Dale's speed also helps this line.

Hey

... read my posts I've been sorta defending booth. Not as much as I defend the likes of Lui, Edler, Weise, Sestito but defending nonetheless.

CDC LEAVE DAVID BOOTH ALONE :'(

True enough, I'm not a Booth hater, you get labeled a hater if you don't think he deserves years to get his game on track but I can admit when I see progress and I'm as happy as anybody to see it, if he can help this team I am happy to have him here and sing his praises. If he doesn't play well then I'm going to say that as well. We have too many fans who think you're never allowed to say anything negative, sometimes you gotta call a spade a spade, and Booth has been awful for some time, the last 2 games steps in the right direction, I hope for the teams sake and his own they are a sign of things to come.

wouldn't say i'm a booth fan. but i'm (still) hoping he can find his game for both his sake and this teams because like it or not he's he and we need him to be a player that contributes. that fact he's looking to improve something he feels is a problem shows he wants to improve good for him and i hope it helps.

The guys hands are gone. Been that way since after his knee injury, and showed a bit prior even with some success. No where near the player he use to be and management should have seen that a while ago. Simple as that.

Yeah cause F*ck logic... Do you hear yourself? His hands are gone because of a knee injury. :picard:

He talks about God way too much.

Oh please, stop buying into the CDC mentality. He mentions God maybe 3 times, and he's not forcing it, it's just the way he deals with his problems. Whenever things get rough he turns to God, which isn't all bad cause at least he isn't fragile mentally like Luongo. And I'm an atheist who loves to argue with creationists, but if religion helps people get through rough times, then cool.

Yeah cause F*ck logic... Do you hear yourself? His hands are gone because of a knee injury. :picard:

Yes, from long periods of time away from NHL action and being mentally pushed down. If you think this has never happened, then, maybe you should hear yourself? It doesn't take much logic to see the difference in his offensive capabilities from years ago to now. Get over yourself there bud. Enough with the " :picard:".

Oh please, stop buying into the CDC mentality. He mentions God maybe 3 times, and he's not forcing it, it's just the way he deals with his problems. Whenever things get rough he turns to God, which isn't all bad cause at least he isn't fragile mentally like Luongo. And I'm an atheist who loves to argue with creationists, but if religion helps people get through rough times, then cool.

3 times is 2 times too many. I was fine when he opened up with it but after that he should be talking about reality and not keep going back to it. I have never seen a professional athlete talk more about God. Its just so annoying. And it makes me resent him.

Really? I see it more of him honestly answering a question that the interviewer asked. Why all the hate? It's not like he's shoving his religion down your throat.

I'm sure he has respect for people of all religions. Don't get all the hate on him. If it's so annoying you could avoid his interviews or skip through the parts where he talks about his beliefs. It's not like you are being forced to watch him talk about his beliefs.

3 times is 2 times too many. I was fine when he opened up with it but after that he should be talking about reality and not keep going back to it. I have never seen a professional athlete talk more about God. Its just so annoying. And it makes me resent him.

You should not like Hamhuis either then. Hamhuis has talked about his faith a few times and I believe he and Booth have led prayer groups for players that are interested. There are a few that take advantage from what we've heard in the past after Booth first joined us, so I guess you should resent even more of our Canucks.

Archived