The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

Hodgson will be a 2nd line center at the very least.... The kid is really really good. Neely was the worst trade in franchise history and probably will be forever. But will the Kassian-Hodgson trade be one of the worst if Kassian busts? Yes it will because Hodgson is already a 1st/2nd liner right now and will only get better. You never know though. Kassian could be a late bloomer like Bertuzzi and turn into a beast but I doubt it.

The Bure trade is right there with the Neely trade. We were so close to signing Gretzky...I wonder if Pavel would have still wanted to bolt if 99 was setting him up?

I look forward to the next 10 years of reading variations of this thread. Really, I do.

Sestito is -7 with 2 pts

It's not all about points and + - I'd be happy if kass was out there busting his butt with two points but he's not. Kass has much more skill then Tom but find me a player that shows up less often for a shift?

Hodgson will be a 2nd line center at the very least.... The kid is really really good. Neely was the worst trade in franchise history and probably will be forever. But will the Kassian-Hodgson trade be one of the worst if Kassian busts? Yes it will because Hodgson is already a 1st/2nd liner right now and will only get better. You never know though. Kassian could be a late bloomer like Bertuzzi and turn into a beast but I doubt it.

The Neely trade is definitely the worst. I agree the Kassian Hodgson trade could be up there if Kassian does bust and Hodgson continues to grow, but I really doubt either player will ever have complete skill sets. IMO Hodgson's limitations are physical. He does have issues with his skating and it looks like he has stumpy legs and has to "road runner" to get to speed. Kassian's problems seem mental. He floats around a lot and it often looks like he is only giving 98%. I would not argue that Hodgson will remain a top 6 forward for the majority of his career while Kassian has not arrived at that point. I sincerely hope he does. I stick to my guns though, I think the best move for Kassian is Utica where he can play a lot of minutes and learn to play a 200' game.

Kassian is a project & projects aren't built over night. He's not hurting our team at all on the 4th line as he is able to do other things than just score. eg, fight, body check' intimidation etc.

I believe Torts will have this guy in prettty good shape by the playoffs & with his size, strength & skill package he will be a positive factor for us.

Besides Lucic how many PWF's break out right away? And not like Boston has ever been short of PWF's to help the youngsters break out and use their size responsibly while still dishing out and scoring...He is our first PWF since Bert/Nas/Linden give him a vet to show the right way to use his body and see the difference

The trade was bad from the beginning and either Gillis lied or he was way wrong. Kass has a long way to go before the trade looks fair. Playing harder and smarter with his limited minutes would be a good start. I can only imagine he doesn't practice well as a hard worker will usually be rewarded with ice time esp if they have talent.

Well Weise has outproduced him, in less games. Tostitos actually hits people, he plays his role well and has been a nice suprise this year. Kass has not lived up to the expectations, not even the most pessimistic ones.

Weise also plays with the skill of higgins, hansen, booth..while kass has been putting up points on a revolving 4th line with less then 7 minutes a night..expectations are to high for a 4th line hockey player..put him on a higher line with better skilled players and he will produce..its been proven.

Hodgson on te 1st line in buffalo..5 wins all season.. Ok .. Hansen and weise could be first liners there too....

Hodgson on te 1st line in buffalo..5 wins all season.. Ok .. Hansen and weise could be first liners there too....

For those of us who have NHL.com or Center ice, we can assure you Cody Hodgson is a total flop as a first liner. On pace to have the worst season in modern NHL history for point totals by a first line center.

The guy never was a first liner. He reminds me a lot of Brendan Morrison without the speed. BMO was a good second line center turned 1st liner due to Bert and Nazzy.

He is almost 24 years old. We Canuck fans have watched him since junior. He is fully developed. He is not getting bigger or stronger or faster. If anything, at 5ft 11 , I mean 6ft , he should dump some weight so he can become faster.

Zack is a power forward. Like defense men , it takes far longer to develop them. Zacks problems are mental, which are the kinds of things that age and coaching can develop. He already has the size speed and strength.

By time they are 25 Kassian will be as good as Hodgson and will probably surpass him by then.

For those of us who have NHL.com or Center ice, we can assure you Cody Hodgson is a total flop as a first liner. On pace to have the worst season in modern NHL history for point totals by a first line center.

The guy never was a first liner. He reminds me a lot of Brendan Morrison without the speed. BMO was a good second line center turned 1st liner due to Bert and Nazzy.

He is almost 24 years old. We Canuck fans have watched him since junior. He is fully developed. He is not getting bigger or stronger or faster. If anything, at 5ft 11 , I mean 6ft , he should dump some weight so he can become faster.

Zack is a power forward. Like defense men , it takes far longer to develop them. Zacks problems are mental, which are the kinds of things that age and coaching can develop. He already has the size speed and strength.

By time they are 25 Kassian will be as good as Hodgson and will probably surpass him by then.

Thank you for the sanity.

Kassian will come around. He just needs minutes, either here or on Giants.

Weise also plays with the skill of higgins, hansen, booth..while kass has been putting up points on a revolving 4th line with less then 7 minutes a night..expectations are to high for a 4th line hockey player..put him on a higher line with better skilled players and he will produce..its been proven.

Is this zack?

What has been proven is that he doesn't play hard floats around and looks disinterested. Why would anyone reward that by moving him up the lineup? What dose that say to the rest of the team? If he wants to be on a top line he needs to go to the AHL to do it but even then he may be benched for not putting in full efforts like he was last time he was on the farm.

Funny that we can judge Hodgson, who has 17pts in 28 games, second leading scorer on a god awful Sabres team that can't score after their first line and therefore provide really easy matchups for the rest of the NHL. He's young, but apparently completely done developing and on the down swing of his career already going by some comments, while Kassian, Mr. Sweet and soft hands has only 5 goals, 1 assist this year on a much more successful team.

Every bs excuse in the world doesn't make Kassian better. 94 pts in 167 gms vs 27 pts in 107 gms. That means that in order for Krappian to be even just as good as Hodgson he has to score 67pts in 60 games. Oh, but we can't compare them that way, not fair. Kassian is younger, he's a power forward, no, he's more of a passer, no, he's a goal scorer and needs elite line mates to prove it, no, he really just needs pp time, no, the coaches are misusing him, blah blah blah.

In reality Kassian is a struggling 4th liner who needs to learn how to work like a NHL player or he will be another Jason King, a guy who had a good short run with the Sedins who could never do anything else useful without them.

Archived