The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

Yes, it is still too early. Plenty of player sin this league don't hit their stride until around 25. I really don't know what is wrong with the idiots on CDC who expect every prospect we have to come in and make a Crosby-like impact in their first year. Here's an idea. How about you idiots get your heads out of your asses and learn some patience? Or am I just asking for the impossible here?

Google could be your friend if you used it.

The median retirement age of all NHL forward players is 27.28 years.

The height of NHL forwards retirement is at age 24 (see graph).

http://www.quanthockey.com/Distributions/RetireeAgeDistribution.php

Zach Kassian is 22 years of age.

Concussion protocal, I'm sure. If it is a concussion he likely will only miss a week or so. Really you have to have brains to start with to damage them so he should be ok if it is that.

The bigger worry is if he broke his jaw.

wow really so i am assuming you have never nor never will have a concussion?

also looked like a broken nose if anything.

http://www.quanthock...istribution.php

I think your stats include all players who even play one game. So it throws off the averages.

If you just take career NHL players who play at least 600 games, then for a forward, they begin to blossom at 24 and hit their stride at 27. Basically the trajectory Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows did.

Kass will play 1000 games if he stays healthy, so I dont seem him fully developed until he is 27 but he is already showing that he might be ready sooner. 25 is my guess.

wow really so i am assuming you have never nor never will have a concussion?

I have actually. Blanked out for like one hour. Remember nothing that happened during that time. I recovered ok but I had brains to start with so I'm ok.(Some might dispute that though). Seriously though, I hope Kass is ok he seems like a decent guy but it is not like he is starting at genius level.

http://www.quanthock...istribution.php

Cherry picking stats like always I see. Kassian is still young, as you just pointed out. Amazing how you can't handle the truth.

Don't like seeing players get injured, but at the same time I think him sitting out some games will be a good opportunity for him to think long and hard (that's what she said) on what type of player he wants to be. Hopefully he gets it through his head that he needs to be a power forward not a playmaker

I think your stats include all players who even play one game. So it throws off the averages.

If you just take career NHL players who play at least 600 games, then for a forward, they begin to blossom at 24 and hit their stride at 27. Basically the trajectory Ryan Kesler and Alex Burrows did.

Kass will play 1000 games if he stays healthy, so I dont seem him fully developed until he is 27 but he is already showing that he might be ready sooner. 25 is my guess.

Average Length of an NHL Player Career

A typical career of an NHL player can be summarized with one word. Its short!

Over half of all NHL players play less that 100 games during their career and for approximately 5 percent of players, their first NHL game is also their last. If we look at this from a different angle, long careers are extremely rare. Only 4 percent of players (that's 1 out of 25) dress up for more than 1000 games.

Over 20 percent of retired players appeared during one season only, and over 40 percent never made the playoffs.

On average, NHL players play between 5 to 6 seasons in the league.

http://www.quanthock...eerLengthGP.php

This is Kassian's fourth NHL campaign.

I think Kassian has a pretty nasty concussion. He had some serious bambi legs when he tried to get up. Doesn't look good.

I agree he struggled to his feet. He has a concussion. It is possible he has a more serious injury as well but he does have a concussion and with the NHL very sensitive about concussions these days that means he is likely to miss a week at minimum.

Are you going to organize a parade the next time he scores?

I usually ignore trolls but I can turn your post into a positive.

Yes. I am happy whenever Kassian, Tanev, Stanton, score. I am very happy when Eddie plays well. This is the future of our team. I will do the same when Bo, Hunter, Brendan and Jensen get here too.

I usually ignore trolls but I can turn your post into a positive.

Yes. I am happy whenever Kassian, Tanev, Stanton, score. I am very happy when Eddie plays well. This is the future of our team. I will do the same when Bo, Hunter, Brendan and Jensen get here too.

Not really trolling but c'mon man. The guy hits the post and you get excited. I can only imagine the euphoria you're going to feel when he scores again.

I can definatley see more confidence growing with Kassian every game. His skill and physical play will come in time… like everybody says you have to be patient with Power Forwards. It isn't Kassians fault he wasn't ready when Mike Gills traded for him with huge expectations.

I hope he doesn't have a concussion after tonight… don't want any setbacks.

Don't like seeing players get injured, but at the same time I think him sitting out some games will be a good opportunity for him to think long and hard (that's what she said) on what type of player he wants to be. Hopefully he gets it through his head that he needs to be a power forward not a playmaker

Why not a powerplaymaker?

What a dumb post in so many ways, you have no remorse at all for his injury with the last part of that post. Concussions are serious in any severity, just look at Daniel for example hasn't been the same since he was cheap shotted by Keith. I hope Kassian is ok and does not have long term effects from the shot he took. It's guys like you who drag this forum into the sewer.

Archived