The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

Too bad my expectations of him were too high since 'the thing' but honestly if he settled in as a serviceable checking forward I wouldn't mind, he has speed and toughness, 3rd or 4th liner but not the power forward we were looking for..who knows 3 years from now he may blow up.

He is starting to believe in himself. It takes time. He wiill be playing like this 50% of the time next year and then most of the time when he is 25.

Totally agree,,the kid has to much talent to be a bust...right now he is apprenticing and learning the tools in the tool box,, when he gets them organized and can handle them,,he will be a valuable player.

People that think he has no vision or playmaking skill are blind: see the Tanev goal tonight (more accurately the 15 seconds before Tanev eventually scored). He had a very similar assist on an Edler goal vs Chicago last year.

People that think he has no hands should take a look at the dangles we've seen from him the last two games and the goal that he scored tonight.

I have seen nothing from Kassian to indicate that he will be anything more than a decent 3rd liner if he puts all his assets together.

He cant skate, doesnt have a great shot, doesnt have great playmaking skills.

Ive heard he's shown 'flashes of brilliance' since becoming a Canuck. Can someone link me these 'flashes' or post a youtube video, cause I havent seen any flashes of brilliance from Kassian.

5.jpg

Archived