The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Too Early to call Kassian a dissapointment?

Go Go Canucks Go

Kassian has to play himself to the top line ASAP for the benefit of all. He's the Canucks' answer to Brown. That means Kassian has to learn to play between the lines of what is allowed and what isn't. Brown is the type who will legally run over your best player and never look back. Brown is the type of player that will run over your goalie after scoring a goal. Brown, is feared. Lucic-style.

So come on Bertuzzi, watch Brown and Lucic tapes and become Zach Kassian.

Remember when Henrik b-slapped him during the playoffs a couple of years ago. Almost made me pee my pants I laughed so hard.

It w

I think you can classify Kassian as a disappointment. He doesn't know his role well enough to be a formidable power forward. As a person, I love the guy. We need someone like Lucic though. -_-

Honestly, I've seen Kassian pull far too many brain farts in the middle of a critical situation. If I was the GM, I would give him up if we don't make the playoffs.

WHAT?! How are you not banished from this forum for such a negative opinion of young Zack Kassian?!

Seriously, I dont hate Kassian, I just dont believe any of the hype. I'm giving my opinion like everyone else and dont make excuses for the guy. Some die hard Zack fans get upset if someone doesnt christen him the next coming of Bertuzzi or Lindros. I think he's capable of been a solid 3rd line, 15-20 goal scorer when he gets it together. But he's not looking like that player right now. The 'intangibles' are great and all , but it would be nice if he pops in a goal now and then when the team really needs it. Like last night.

It w

WHAT?! How are you not banished from this forum for such a negative opinion of young Zack Kassian?!

Seriously, I dont hate Kassian, I just dont believe any of the hype. I'm giving my opinion like everyone else and dont make excuses for the guy. Some die hard Zack fans get upset if someone doesnt christen him the next coming of Bertuzzi or Lindros. I think he's capable of been a solid 3rd line, 15-20 goal scorer when he gets it together. But he's not looking like that player right now. The 'intangibles' are great and all , but it would be nice if he pops in a goal now and then when the team really needs it. Like last night.

I don't think people tell you off because you don't think he's the next coming of Bertuzzi (which he probably isn't), rather the way you describe his play.

It seems as if you're describing Tanner Glass in most of your posts, then again, most people seem to ignore the fact that you think he'll become a 15-20 goal scorer.

I don't think people tell you off because you don't think he's the next coming of Bertuzzi (which he probably isn't), rather the way you describe his play.

It seems as if you're describing Tanner Glass in most of your posts, then again, most people seem to ignore the fact that you think he'll become a 15-20 goal scorer.

Don't get me wrong. That's only if he hits his potential. He doesn't look like a 20 goal scorer at this point.

Yes, it is still too early. Plenty of players in this league don't hit their stride until around 25. I really don't know what is wrong with the idiots on CDC who expect every prospect we have to come in and make a Crosby-like impact in their first year. Here's an idea. How about you idiots get your heads out of your asses and learn some patience? Or am I just asking for the impossible here?

Sestitos skate! Kassians face!!! Yikes!

Concussion protocol, I'm sure. If it is a concussion he likely will only miss a week or so. Really you have to have brains to start with to damage them so he should be ok if it is that.

The bigger worry is if he broke his jaw.

Archived