The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Apparently Seahawks fans are boycotting Beats because of this commercial.

:D

http://www.seattlewe...o-boycott-beats

During yesterday’s Hawks-Niners match-up, Dr. Dre’s headphone company ran a particularly timely spot showing Colin Kaepernick arriving at an opponent’s stadium to vicious boos and nasty rain (see the ad above).

It was Seattle. Nothing said Seattle. Or Seahawks. But it was Seattle.

Now Seattle wants to boycott the headphones.

“They obviously don’t know what it means to be a 12th man. There is NO way a true Seahawk fan would act that way. No beats headphones for me,” reads a typical comment on the ad, found at KJR’s website.

The idea of the ad is to show that the headphones can cancel out even the loudest sounds. That would seem to feed into Seattle’s mythos of being the loudest fans in the NFL.

However, the ad goes overboard when it shows green-garbed Kaepernick haters throwing garbage at his bus, and then a full cooler. At 0:52 there may be a guy peeing on the bus.

Cue Seattle outrage.

“This is just bad business ethic. They could have shown him flying to an away game with a crying baby on the plane but instead they depicted a violent fan base of an opposing team. Not cool that they chose the colors as blue and green. NOBODY thinks this is coincidence,” reads another comment at KJR.

And the ad was unrealistic in another way: While Kaepernick has a lot of things to be proud of during his short career, tuning out Seattle’s fans isn’t one of them: He’s played terribly here in the exact rainy weather depicted in the ad. He’s just lucky his team squeaked out a win on his home turf, or this tacky ad would have been simply embarrassing.

lol canuck fans would react the exact same way if they made a commercial and it was crosby or someone coming into vancouver

I don't think the Penguins have ever thought twice about coming to Vancouver.

The Canucks don't have any rivals so the commercial wouldn't work.

It doesn't have to be rivals but teams where there is bad blood between them

All of the Canucks "bad blood" is one way only and a creation of Canuck fans. The team hasn't impacted itself on any other enough for there to be bad blood.

Two clips, that's all the ammo they had?

I don't know, I didn't make it. Not to mention that he's only started 20 games, only a fraction of which have been vs the Seahawks.

Just checked. vs the Seahawks he's had 5 INTs and has been sacked 6 times in 3 games, so yes they had more ammo at their disposal.

Archived